2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th August 2014, 02:22 PM
Super Moderator

Re: ICAR JRF Plant Sciences Preparation Books

Here I am providing the list of few books for the ICAR JRF Plant Sciences Preparation which you are looking for.

Objective Plant Sciences for ARS / NET. JRF/ SRF/ UPSC SAUS Exams
By GP Singh, Sai Prasad, Sr Kantwa

Plant Science at a glance for JRF SRF IARI BHU ALL SAUS and ARS Examination
By Mangesh Y Dudhe and G K Chikkappa

General Agriculture JRF Question Pool
By Mangesh Y Dudhe , Mrinali M. Dudhe

Biotechnology
Author : Sai Prasad

Agronomy
By Sai Prasad

Seed Science & Technology

Plant Breeding

General Agriculture
Author : P Karhana

Vegetable Science
Author : D Singh

General Biology (10+2 level) Biological Science
by N.P.O Green,G.W.Stout & D.J.Taylor.

Plant Physiology
by Salisbury & Ross.

Text Book of Biology:NCERT XI & XII.
22nd August 2015, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

I need reference books for JRF

I am preparing for ICAR JRF examinations in Plant science. So I want recommended books list for plant science and general agriculture.
15th September 2015, 12:04 AM

can you please name any books that might have last 10 years of jrf questions for plant science?
4th December 2019, 09:41 AM
Unregistered

Can you list me the names of some of the good reference Books for preparation of ICAR JRF (Indian Council of Agricultural Research Junior Research Fellowship) Plant Sciences Paper?
4th December 2019, 09:44 AM
Super Moderator

The names of some of the good reference Books for preparation of ICAR JRF (Indian Council of Agricultural Research Junior Research Fellowship) Plant Sciences Paper are as follows:

Gateway To Icar-Jrf Plant Science Paperback – 2018 (English, Paperback, Ashutosh Singh)

Plant Science (ENGLISH, Paperback, A Elangovan)

Plant Science (3rd Edition) Paperback – 3 Mar 2019
by A. Elangovan (Author), G. Pothiraj (Author)

Plant Science an Objective Version for ICAR (JRF) Exams (English, Paperback, Bharat Lal Maurya)

Plant Science At a Glance 1st Edition,2018 Edition (English, Paper Back, Ajit Kumar Singh)

ICAR JRF Plant Sciences Syllabus

UNIT-I: Importance of Agriculture in national economy; basic principles of crop production; cultivation of rice, wheat, chickpea, pigeon-pea, sugarcane, groundnut, tomato, potato and mango. Major soils of India, role of NPK and their deficiency symptoms

UNIT-II: Structure and function of cell organelles; mitosis and meiosis; Mendelian genetics; elementary knowledge of photosynthesis; respiration, and transpiration; structure and functions of carbohydrates, proteins, nucleic acids, enzymes and vitamins. Major pests and diseases of rice, wheat, cotton, chickpea, sugarcane and their management

UNIT-III: Characteristics of prokaryotic and eukaryotic organisms, differences between fungi, bacteria, mycoplasmas and viruses; physical and chemical basis of heredity; chromosome structure; genes/operon concept; protein biosynthesis; transformation, recombination, Heterosis; Elements of economic botany; integrated diseases management; sterilisation, disinfection and pasteurization; Koch’s postulates; etiological agents of rusts, smuts, powdery/downy mildews, wilts, yellows, mosaic, necrosis, enations, blights and witches broom; pH, buffer, vitamins, role of plant hormones in seed germination and dormancy; pollination/
fertilization in flowering plants; methods of seed testing; breeders, foundation and certified seeds; seed production in self and cross pollinated crops, nitrate assimilation; biological nitrogen fixation and other uses of microorganisms in agriculture.

UNIT-IV: Food and industry; composting and biogas production. Important rural development programmes in India; organizational set up of agricultural research, education and extension in India.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in