2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd December 2012, 11:33 AM
raga as

IAS Geography notes

You can provide me the Geography notes of Indian administrative service recruitment exam because I do participate in the recruitment exam of Indian administrative service so I have need of its Geography notes for do its exam prepation so ask you about this
Similar Threads
Thread
MA Geography YCMOU
MLSU Geography
JNU Geography
Asia Map Geography
Geography of India
Geography In India
Geography Notes for IAS
Geography Questions for UGC NET
Uniraj Geography
M.Sc in Geography after BA in geography
M.A in Geography after B.Tech
B.A (Geography) Subjects
Courses geography
PG Geography Course Colleges
BSc Geography Or Applied Science Or Geography Grauate Eligible For MSc Geology
DU Geography course after BA
JNU Geography course after BA
IAS Books for Geography
Topics For PHD In Geography
6th December 2012, 09:03 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Geography notes

I am going to provide you the notes of the IAS geography
For better preparation of the examination I suggest you can study these reference books

Geography Books Paper - I

1. Physical geography - Savinder Singh
2. The Earth's dynamic surface - K. Sidhartha
3. Physical geography - Strahler & Strahler
4. Climatology - D.S. Lal
5. Physical geography made simple - Rupa
6. Oceanography - Sharma & Vital
7. Biogeography - Savinder Singh
8. Evolution of geographical thoughts - Majid Hussain and Adhikari
9. Economic geography - K. Sidhartha
10. Economic and social geography made simple - Rupa
11. Urban geography - K. Sidhartha
12. Human geography - Majid Hussain
13. Geography of population - R.C. Chandra
14. Regional Planning in India - hand & Puri
15. Political geography - Dixit

Geography Books Paper – II

1. India: Physical aspects - K Sidhartha
2. Geography of India - Mamoria
3. Agricultural geography - Majid Hussain
4. Agricultural problems in India - Sadhu and Singh
5. Economic & Commercial geography of India - Mamoria
6. India's urbanisation and urban systems - R. Ramachandran
7. Regional planning in India - Chand and Puri
8. Political geography - Dixit
9. India: political aspects - K. Sidhartha

Geography notes are in the file. You need to download the file to read the notes.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf IAS Geography notes.pdf (1.12 MB, 414 views)
22nd March 2015, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

I want to give IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Exam so please provide me notes of Geography Subject for preparation of Exam?
22nd March 2015, 04:17 PM
Super Moderator

Here I am providing you notes of Geography Subject for preparation of IAS (Indian Administrative Service) Exam.

Acid precipitation (Acid Rainfall):

Is now regarded as a serious problem in some European and Asian countries, the main cause and source of which is emissions of sulphur oxides and nitrogen oxides from thermal power plants and burning of fossil fuels. These oxides dissolve in atmospheric water vapour and fall back on earth as acid rainfall. Acid rainfall can cause destruction of crops and trees; destruction of fish; and damage to buildings.

Agronomy:
Soil management and production of field crops is known as Agronomy.

Aleurone layer:
Is that part of the grain in cereals where much of the protein lies. Alluvial soil: is the richest and most fertile soil of India spread over large areas in northern plains of India.

Arakan Yoma:
Is the extension of the Himalayas located in Myanmar.

Asthamudi Lake:
Is located in Kerala State

Bailadila:
In Bastar district of Madhya Pradesh, is known for its wealth of Manganese.

Barhara (Tribes):
The Barhara tribes mentioned in the Mahabharata who had settled in the north-western regions of India, are associated with—(1) Ambashthas (a mixed Mongolian Aryan race); (2) Gandharas (Afghans); (3) Pavas (Parthians); (4) Sakas (Scythians); (5) Yavanas (Greeks).

Bhabhar region:
In south of the Shivaliks, is an example of Piedmont situation i.e., belonging to or related to the foot of a mountain.

Bushmen (Tribes): They live in the Kalahari desert. They are probably the descendants of the earliest inhabitants of Africa. They rank among the most uncivilized and backward peoples in the world. Their food consists almost entirely of meat, often raw or decomposed, and in times of scarcity they will eat insects, snakes etc. Cardamom: Karnataka is the largest producer of cardamom. India is the largest exporter of cardamom in the world.

Chinook:
Warm, dry wind experienced along the eastern side of the Rocky Mountains in Canada and the U.S.A.

Climograph:
Is a graphical representation of the differentiation between various types of climate. It reveals the type of climate at a glance—a climograph showing wet bulb temperatures and relative humidities which are high, for instance, depicts a constantly hot damp climate.

Coastline of India, Length of:
The length of India’s coastline is 7,516 km and its territory includes 1,256 islands. Tamil Nadu has the longest coastline in India.

Cosmic year:
One cosmic year is equal to the time taken by the sun to complete one orbit around the galactic centre.

Cotopaxi:
Is the highest volcano in the world. It is situated in Ecuador.

Date Line, International:
International Date Line is an internationally agreed line drawn parallel to the 180° meridian. It divides the Pacific Ocean into two equal parts. A crossing of the International Date Line entails repeating one day when travelling westwards.

Detroit of India:
Pithampur in Madhya Pradesh, where a large number of automobile industries have been set up, is called the “Detroit of India”.

Hyetology:
Is the study of rainfall. Indira Point: in Andaman and Nicobar Islands is the southern-most tip of India.

Irrigated area, Indian State having largest:
The Indian State with the largest irrigated area is Uttar Pradesh.

Jhum:
It is a slash and burn method of shifting cultivation (called jhum) practised on rainfall- bed slopes of forest hills and dales in Arunachal Pradesh.

Kandla:
Is a sea port situated at the head of the Gulf of Kuch in Gujarat State. It was the first port to be developed after independence. It has a free trade zone.

Khonds (Tribes):
Were primitive tribes living in Orissa.

Kikuyu (Tribes):
Are a race of Bantu negroes who live to the north of Mount Kenya. These people combine agriculture with pastoralism.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Detailed Geography Notes of IAS Exam.pdf (1.12 MB, 268 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in