2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th April 2016, 09:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam Upcoming

As far as government service is concerned, the IAS (Indian Administrative Services) which is marked as a category 'A' government service is a highly special and a respected government service in India.

The IAS 2016 exam is a paper-pen based competitive exam i.e. CSE (Civil Service Examination) held every year. Directed by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) it serves as a common aptitude test for other civil services like IFS, IPS, Group A and Group B central services.

IAS 2016 Exam Dates:-

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM
2016:- 07.08.2016 (SUNDAY).

CIVIL SERVICES (MAIN) EXAM, 2016:-
03.12.2016 (SATURDAY)

DURATION OF EXAM:-
5 DAYS

IAS 2016 Paper Pattern:-

IAS Preliminary Exam Pattern:-

The Examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each.

(i) Both the question papers will be of the objective type (multiple choice questions).
(ii) The question papers will be set both in Hindi and English. However, questions relating to English Language Comprehension skills of Class X level will be tested through passages from English Language only without providing Hindi translation thereof in the question paper.

Each paper will be of two hours duration.

IAS Main Examination Pattern:-

The written examination will consist of the following papers :-

Qualifying Papers:-

Paper-A (One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from the Languages included in the Eighth Schedule of the Constitution). - 300 Marks

Paper-B English - 300 Marks

Papers to be counted for merit

Paper-I Essay - 250 Marks

Paper-II General Studies-I - 250 Marks (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society)

Paper-III General Studies -II - 250 Marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)

Paper-IV General Studies -III - 250 Marks (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)

Paper-V General Studies -IV - 250 Marks (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)

Paper-VI Optional Subject - Paper 1 - 250 Marks

Paper-VII Optional Subject - Paper 2 - 250 Marks

Sub Total (Written test) - 1750 Marks

Personality Test - 275 Marks

Grand Total - 2025 Marks

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in