2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 04:42 PM
Unregistered

IAS Exam New Rules

I am preparing for the UPSC Civil Services preliminary exam and heard that new rules were declared for IAS Exam by the UPSC. Can you please tell me what are the new rules declared by UPSC? Or tell me from where I can check the new rules notification online?
Similar Threads
Thread
UPCAT exam rules
Rules for Special Exam in BPUT
AIIMS Entrance Exam Rules
Rules and Regulations of NDA Exam
UPSC IAS Exam Rules
Rules For IAS Exam
VITEEE Exam Rules
Rules Of IRDA Exam
ICET Exam Rules
Rules For Writing CAT Exam
BU Bhopal Exam Rules
AIIMS Exam Rules
WBJEE Exam Rules
NEET Exam Rules
SSC CGL Exam Rules
CDS Exam Rules
Rules of IBPS Exam
Rules of UGC Net Exam
GNDU Exam Rules
IRDA Exam Rules
18th February 2016, 01:14 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam New Rules

Hii Guys , I want to Appear in IAS Exam For it I want to know information About New IAS Exam Rules , Will you please Provide me Details for Same ?
18th February 2016, 01:14 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam New Rules

UPSC Mains Examination are for those Candidates who has Qualified IAS Prelims exams IAS Mains Examinations Consists of Nine Papers out of which two Papers are Qualifying in Nature and Marks obtained in other Seven Papers Decide the Rank of the Candidate.

New Eligibility Criteria

The Government Intends to Raise the Upper Age Limit and Number of Attempts of applicants of the UPSC Civil Service Examination with effect from 2015.

According to Information Published on the website of the Department of Administrative Reforms and Public Grievances, the Upper age limit will be 37 years for SC/ST candidates with unlimited number of attempts; 35 years for OBC with 9 attempts; and 32 for the unreserved (general) category with 6 attempts.

For physically handicapped Candidates age limit is 42, 45 and 47 years for General, OBC and SC/ST category respectively while the number of attempts is 9 for General and OBC and unlimited for SC/SC category.

Category Maximum Age Attempt
General 32 6
OBC 32+3=35 9
SC/ST 32+5=37 As many as upto age limt

Academic Eligibility for IAS Exams

The Candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities Incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification

Age Limits :
A candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 32 years on the 1st of August, 2015 i.e., he/she must have been born not earlier than 2nd August, 1983 and not later than 1st August, 1994.

Number of attempts

General category: 6

OBC category: 9

SC/SC category: Unlimited

IAS Exam 2016 Date:-

Civil Services (Preliminary) Exam. 2016:- 07.08.2016 (SUNDAY).

Civil Services (Main) Exam, 2016:- 03.12.2016 (SATURDAY)
Duration Of Exam:- 5 Days

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in