2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2015, 12:59 PM
Unregistered

IAS Exam Age Limit for SC ST

How many times can a SC/ ST candidate appear in the IAS Examination of UPSC? I am looking for details about eligibility criteria for SC/ST Candidates for IAS (UPSC) Exam. So can you provide me details about age limit to apply for this exam? Pls give me its official notification.
Similar Threads
Thread
Age Limit for SC in CDS Exam
Age Limit for C-DAC Exam
Age Limit For IIT JEE Exam
IAS KAS Exam Age Limit
Age Limit for TET Exam
Age Limit for OBC in CDS Exam
IAS Exam Age Limit For BC
Age Limit for IPS Exam
Age Limit of CDS Exam
Age Limit for SBI PO Exam
IAS Exam age limit
IIT JEE exam age limit
Age limit for IFS Exam
RAS Exam Age Limit
UP PSC Exam Age limit
AEE Exam Age Limit
Age limit for J&K KAS exam
B.Ed exam age limit
UGC NET Exam Age Limit
JBT exam age limit
26th February 2020, 05:48 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam Age Limit for SC ST

Can you tell me about the age limit prescribed for SC and ST Category Students for applying for Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Examination?
26th February 2020, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam Age Limit for SC ST

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Civil Services exam to recruit candidates for the three All India Services and Central Civil Services for various departments of the Government of India. The Civil Services Exam is commonly called as the Indian Administrative Services (IAS) Exam.

Age Limit for IAS Exam 2020

One must be minimum 21 years and maximum 32 years of age as on August 1, 2020. There is also age relaxation of some years for reserved category candidates:

SC/ ST
5 Years

OBC
3 Years

Defence Services Personnel, disabled in operations during hostilities with any foreign country or in a disturbed area and released as a consequence thereof
3 Years

Ex-servicemen including commissioned officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least five years of military service as on August 1, 2020 and have been released
5 Years

PwD [(a) blindness and low vision; (b) deaf and hard of hearing; (c) locomotor disability including cerebral palsy, leprosy cured, dwarfism, acid attack victims and muscular dystrophy; (d) autism, intellectual disability, specific learning disability and mental illness; and (e) multiple disabilities from amongst persons under clauses (a) to (d) including deaf-blindness]
10 Years

No age relaxation is provided to the Economically Weaker Sections in the UPSC Civil Services Exam.

IAS Exam Eligibility: Nationality

For recruitment as an I.A.S or I.P.S officer, candidate must be a citizen of India. Apart from I.A.S or I.P.S services, candidate must be any of the following:

A citizen of India or

A subject of Nepal or

A subject of Bhutan or

A refugee from Tibet who came to India with intention of permanently settling before January 01, 1962 or

a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India provided that a candidate belonging to categories Nepal, Bhutan, Tibetan refuge and other Indian origin candidates from countries mentioned above shall be given a certificate of eligibility issued by the Government of India.

Candidate who is a subject of Nepal, Bhutan or is a Tibetan refugee will not be considered eligible for appointment to Indian Foreign Services. Also candidates who need to produce certificate of eligibility will be admitted to the IAS Exam but appointment will be given after submission of certificates issued by Government of India.

IAS Eligibility- Educational Qualification

One must hold a degree from Government recognized Universities or possess an equivalent qualification.

One who is in the final year or awaiting results is also eligible to appear for UPSC preliminary Examination. All such candidates must produce proof of having passed the said exam along with the application for the main IAS exam.

One having professional and technical qualifications recognized by the Government as equivalent to professional and technical degrees

Medical students who have passed the final year of MBBS, but are yet to complete the internship also have eligibility for IAS. Although, along with the Main Exam application, a certificate of course completion (including internship) from the concerned authority of the University/ Institution has to be submitted

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in