2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th June 2018, 03:39 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam After Bcom

Hii Sir, I Completed Graduation As Bcom Now I Wants to give the IAS Examination Will you Please tell Me Am I Eligible to give the IAS Examination Or Not ?
5th June 2018, 03:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam After Bcom

The Civil Services Examination is a nationwide competitive examination in India conducted by the Union Public Service Commission for recruitment to various Civil Services of the Government of India,

Yes, you Are Eligible for the IAS Examination If you Ful Fill the Following Criteria

Eligibility Criteria

Education Qualification

Degree of UGC recognised university. Degree of any stream or field is valid. There is no requirement of minimum marks / percentage in Degree exam.

Further there is no requirement of any subject or language, it means a degree holder of any subject, any language is eligible to appear for Civil Services Exam.

Age Criteria

General
21 to 32 years.

OBC
(Non-creamy Layer)
3 years relaxation (21 to 35 years)

SC/ST
5 years relaxation (21 to 37years).

Ex-serviceman
5 years relaxation
Blind, Hearing Impaired & Orthopaedically Handicapped
10 years relaxation

Examination Pattern

Paper A One of the Indian Language to be selected by the candidate from 18 the languages included in the Eight Schedule to the Constitution. 300 Marks
Paper B English 300 Marks
Papers to be Counted for Merit (Ranking)
Paper I Essay 250 Marks
Paper II General Studies I (Indian Heritage and Culture, History and Geography of the World and Society) 250 Marks
Paper III General Studies II (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations) 250 Marks
Paper IV General Studies III (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management) 250 Marks
Paper V General Studies IV ( Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude) 250 Marks
Paper VI Optional Subject- Paper 12 250 Marks
Paper VII Optional Subject- Paper 2 250 Marks
For the optional papers in the Main Examination, UPSC has a list of about twenty-six subjects out of which any one subject has to be selected by the candidate.
Subtotal (Written Test) 1750 Marks
Personality Test (Interview) 275 Marks
Grand Total 2025 Marks

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in