2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st May 2015, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

IAS Exam after BBA

I have completed BBA and I want to become an Indian Administrative Service (IAS) officer . Can I apply for IAS exams after BBA ? Please provide me necessary details related to IAS Exam . Which type of Preparations required for this Exam ? Please tell me .
15th May 2018, 02:17 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAS Exam after BBA

I have done BBA and now want to apply for Indian Administrative Service IAS Exam so can I eligible to apply for exam?
15th May 2018, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam after BBA

Indian Administrative Service (IAS) is the Civil Services Examination by the Union Public Service Commission UPSC for the recruitment of officers for the All India Administrative Civil Service.

Yeah, you are eligible to apply for IAS Exam after BBA.

IAS Exam Eligibility-

Bachelor's Degree from any of the recognized university

Candidates who have passed the final year of MBBS or any Medical Examination but are yet to complete the internship can also appear for the Main Examination.

Age Limit :

A candidate should be minimum of 21 years and maximum 32 years

The upper age limit prescribed above is relaxable for the following candidates:

5 Years - Scheduled Caste/ Scheduled Tribe (SC/ST)
3 Years - Other Backward Classes (OBC)
3 Years - Defence Services personnel
5 Years - ex-servicemen including Commissioned Officers and ECOs/SSCOs who have rendered at least
5 years Military Service as on August 01, 2018
5 Years in the case of ECOs/SSCOs 10 Years - Blind, deaf-mute, and orthopedically handicapped persons
5 Years - In the case of ECOs/SSCOs who have completed an initial period of assignment of five years of Military Service as on 1st August, 2018 and whose assignment has been extended beyond five years and in whose case the Ministry of Defence issues a certificate that they can apply for civil employment and that they will be released on three months notice on selection from the date of receipt of offer of appointment

IAS Exam Pattern

IAS Prelims Exam:

The UPSC Civil services or IAS prelims exam pattern is divided into two compulsory papers with total 400 Marks.

Exam Pattern Types of Test Marks Duration
Paper I General Studies 200 2 Hours
Paper II CSAT 200 2 Hours

IAS Mains Exam (2075 Marks):

The candidates who have qualified Prelims exam will be called to attend the Mains Exam.

The main exam is total of 2075 marks, on the basis of the secured marks interview process will be scheduled.

At the end, the main exam and interview marks are sum up to finalize the resulting phase.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in