2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th March 2016, 11:50 AM
Unregistered

IAS Exam

I am planning to join Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) and for this I have decided to give the IAS Exam want details about this exam. Will you tell me what the IAS Eligibility Criteria and age limit required to apply for this exam and also tell me what the pattern of exam?
14th March 2016, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Exam

Union Public Service Commission authorizes IAS examinations and offer eligibility to all candidates and posts them in various states of all over India.

IAS Eligibility Criteria:

Educational Qualification:

You must at least hold Under Graduate degree in order to take up UPSC examination

Restrictions:

Only for 4 times General Category candidates are eligible to attend test and reserved category candidates are not having any restrictions or regulations those who attend infinity numbers of attempts

Age eligibility:

Minimum age qualification is 21 years and candidates will be not allowed, if they exceed age of 30

IAS exam 2016 will be conducted in three stages

Preliminary
Main and
Personality Development Test & Interview

General Studies (Paper I) and General Studies (Paper II), carrying 200 marks each.
The main exam consists of papers qualifying in nature (600 marks) as well as papers to be counted for merit (1750 marks).

Exam Duration – The exam is of 7 hours including 3 hours of break in between.

Number of Papers – UPSC Civil Services 2016 Prelims contains two papers –

Paper 1: General Studies (GS) and
Paper 2: General Studies (GS).

Number of Questions – The exam carries a total of 400 questions, with each paper containing 200 questions.

Total Marks – The exam carries a total of 400 marks, with each paper containing 200 marks.

Marking Scheme – Each correct answer is awarded one mark and for every wrong response one-third marks to that question is deducted.

Exam dates for IAS:

Date of Notification: 23rd April 2016
Last Date to Apply: 20 May 2016
Date of IAS PRE (CSAT) Exam: 07 AUGUST 2016 (Sunday)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in