2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

24th July 2014, 12:05 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS application forms dates

Indian Administrative Service prelims exam is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). It is also known as CSE (Civil Service Examination). Here are the details of it:

Nationality:
A candidate must be a citizen of:
A citizen of India, or
A subject of Nepal, or
A subject of Bhutan, or
A Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India, or
a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Sri Lanka, Burma, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.

Required qualification:
The candidate must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India

Age Limits
Candidate must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years on 1st August

Important dates:

CIVIL SERVICES (PRELIMINARY) EXAM, 2014
DATE OF COMMENCEMENT OF EXAM:- 24.08.2014 (SUNDAY)
Closing Date: - 30-06-2014
11th August 2014, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

IAS Application Forms Dates

Sir I want to apply for the IAS exam so please can you give me the IAS Application Forms Dates and also provide me the detail?
11th August 2014, 11:18 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAS Application Forms Dates

As you required IAS Application Forms Dates so here I am providing you the same.

Dates
Date of Commencement of Exam form 31-5-2014
Last date of form 30-6-2014

Eligibility

Applicant must hold a degree of any of Universities incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutions established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University Under Section-3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or possess an equivalent qualification.

Age limit
21 to 32

Fee
100 for General Category

Syllabus

Paper I -

Current events of national and international importance
History of India and Indian National Movement
Indian and World Geography - Physical, Social, Economic Geography of India and the World Indian Polity and Governance - Constitution, Political System, Panchayati Raj, Public Policy, Rights Issues, etc.
Economic and Social Development -Sustainable Development, Poverty, Inclusion, Demographics, Social Sector initiatives, etc
General issues on Environmental Ecology, Bio-diversity and Climate Change - that do not require subject specialization
General Science.

Paper II-
Comprehension
Interpersonal skills including communication skills;
Logical reasoning and analytical ability
Decision-making and problem solving
General mental ability
Basic numeracy (numbers and their relations, orders of magnitude, etc.) (Class X level), Data interpretation (charts, graphs, tables, data sufficiency etc. - Class X level)
English Language Comprehension skills (Class X level)

Books

2nd November 2014, 11:48 AM

Re: IAS application forms dates

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Guys, can you tell me the dates of the availability of the Indian Administrative Service prelims exam application form??????

ias exam in future ???? plz tell me

Tags
application

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in