2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th June 2015, 04:24 PM
Unregistered

Iaf garud

I want to join the Garud Commando Force, Special Forces unit of the Indian Air Force so tell me the working process, responsibilities and the duties of the embers of Garud Commando Force? Also tell me the educational qualification required to join this force?
5th May 2020, 07:38 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Iaf garud

The Garud Commando Force is the special forces unit of the Indian Air Force. It was formed in September 2004 and has a current strength of over 1500 personnel. The unit derives its name from Garuda, a divine bird-like creature in Hinduism.

Candidates found eligible for the force is put through a process of rigorous physical training. Candidates have only one chance to become a Garud trainee. Once a recruit completes training and meets required standards, he is absorbed into the Commando force and is retained in this stream throughout his career.

Garud trainees undergo a 72-week. The Basic Training course, which is the longest among all the Indian special forces but it also includes basic training. The total duration of training before a trainee can qualify as a fully operational Garud is around 3 years.

The initial phase is a three-month probationary training which filters in the promising candidates for the next phases of training.

This phase, which usually has a high attrition (Drop-out) rate is conducted at the Garud Regimental Training Centre located at Hindon, Ghaziabad which is near to New Delhi.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in