2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th May 2015, 10:04 AM
Unregistered

IAF Flights

Do you have idea about the Indian Air Force (IAF) Flights? If yes then please tell me something about the IAF Flights and if it possible then give me details of Indian Air Force Squadrons? I want to join the Indian Air Force so I am curious to know about it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Flights from JNU to HNS
Flights From NBO To MBA
Kuwait Flights
Flights From ADD To MBA
HYD to Bangalore Flights
Hyderabad to USA flights
Indian Flights
Flights from SEA to JNU
Airindia flights
Flights to Hyderabad
Flights to Bangalore
Flights To Hyderabad From USA
Flights From Goa To Mumbai
Flights To BLR
NBO MBA Flights
Flights from EBB to MBA
Flights from LGW to MBA
MBA flights
Flights from ANC to JNU
Flights From JNU To SGY
16th July 2018, 03:59 PM
Unregistered

Re: IAF Flights

Hello sir, what are flights in Indian Air force? Please provide me history of Indian Air Force Flights?
16th July 2018, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

Re: IAF Flights

In Indian Air Force the Flights are sub-divisions of squadrons, commanded by a squadron leader. Each flight consists of two sections.

The smallest unit is the section, led by a flight lieutenant. Each section consists of three aircraft.

See history of Indian Air Force Flights:

Within this formation structure, IAF has several service branches for day-to-day operations. They are:
Flying Branch
Flying
Technical Branch
Engineering
Ground Branch
Logistics
Administration
Accounts
Education
Medical & Dental
Meteorological

In IAF the success was largely a result of extensive planning; 30 spare engines were dispatched all over the world prior to the flight; with co-operation of the Royal Air Force and the US Navy, 28 nations supplied thousands of gallons of fuel and oil along the flight path.

The flight was not only a great technical achievement, but one which demanded extraordinary fortitude.

For over 106 hours, neither Post nor Gatty had an opportunity to sleep. The flight's elapsed time of 8 days, 15 hours and 51 minutes far surpassed the previous record of 21 days set in 1929 by the airship Graf Zeppelin.

Notable aerial circumnavigations:

United States Army Air Service, 1924, first aerial circumnavigation, 175 days, covering 44,360 kilometres (27,553 miles).

LZ-127 Graf Zeppelin, 1929, piloted by Hugo Eckener set a record for the fastest aerial circumnavigation, 21 days, which was also the first circumnavigation in an airship.

On July 1, 1931, pilot Wiley Post and navigator Harold Gatty completed their circumnavigation of the world in a Lockheed Vega aeroplane, Winnie Mae, in 8 days, 15 hours and 51 minutes; the record for fastest circumnavigation was once again held by an aeroplane.

In 1932 Wolfgang von Gronau flew around the World with a twin engine Dornier seaplane, Gronland-Wal D-2053, in nearly four months, making 44 stops en route. He was accompanied by co-pilot Gerth von Roth, mechanic Franzl Hack, and radio operator Frtiz Albrecht.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in