2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

8th July 2018, 08:08 AM
Unregistered

Re: IAF fighter pilot

Hii sir, I Wants to Become A Fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force Will you Please tell Me How I Became the Fighter pilot in the Indian Air Force ?
8th July 2018, 08:09 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAF fighter pilot

Career in Indian Air Force as a pilot is very challenging and a rewarding one too. After selection, one is trained either as a Fighter Pilot, or a Helicopter Pilot, or a Transport Pilot and are a part of various peace and wartime missions.

There are different exams you can appear for (depending on your educational qualification), to become a pilot in the Indian Air Force:

A) After 10+2: Through NDA exam
The UPSC conducts the NDA (National Defence Academy) exam, clearing which you undergo a 3 year training at NDA, Khadakwasla, followed by flying training at Air Force Training establishments. Post this, you will be commissioned as "permanent commission officers" and may be posted as pilots at any Air Force station.

B) After Graduation
As a graduate, you can join the flying branch as a pilot by joining the "Air Force Academy" in any of the following ways:

CDSE (for men only)
UPSC conducts the Combined Defence Services (CDS) Exam for admission to either one from Indian Military Academy / Indian Naval Academy/ Air Force Academy (AFA). After training from AFA,

PHYSICAL STANDARDS (BASIC)-
To join IAF, candidates, irrespective of the entry mode and educational qualifications, must satisfy a basic set of Physical standards. The list is quite long. But the main things that are checked are-

Weight and Height ratio
Good Physical and Mental health
Good hearing
Well developed chests (expansion should be at least 5cm after full inspiration)
Healthy Bones and Joints

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in