2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st August 2016, 08:45 AM
Unregistered

IAF CAT Exam

Hii sir, I wants to Join the Indian Air force Exam will you please provide me the Details of the AFCAT Exam ?
1st August 2016, 09:37 AM
Super Moderator

Re: IAF CAT Exam

Indian Air Force conducts Air Force Common Admission Test (AFCAT) for candidates to recruit them to Flying, Technical and Ground Duty Officer Branches.

Eligibility Criteria :

Educational Qualifications:
Graduates (Minimum three year degree course) in any discipline from a recognised University who have attained minimum 60% marks or equivalent have passed Maths and Physics at 10+2 level or BE / B Tech degree (Four year course) or cleared section A & B examination of Associate Membership of Institute of Engineers (India) or Aeronautical Society of India from a recognised University with minimum 60% marks or equivalent.

Physical Standards:-
(i) Height and Weight: Minimum height : 162.5 cms with correlated weight, Leg Length : Min - 99 cms.
Max - 120 cms.Thigh Length : Max - 64 cms.Sitting Height : Min - 81.5 cms. Max - 96 cms.

Vision: (a) Minimum Visual Acuity 6/6 in one eye and 6/9 in other,

Examination pattern :
The AFCAT will be of two hours duration and will contain multiple choice questions on verbal ability, numerical ability, reasoning, general awareness and military aptitude.

Engineering Knowledge Test (EKT) (applicable only for candidates applying for technical branch) - EKT would be for 45 minutes and conducted immediately after AFCAT.

Syllabus of the AFCAT Exam

General Awareness:
History Sports Geography Environment Civics Basic Science Defence Art Culture Current Affairs Politics

Verbal Ability in English:
Comprehension Error Detection Sentence Completion Synonyms Antonyms Testing of Vocabulary

Numerical Ability:
Decimal Fraction, Simplification Average Profit & loss Percentage Ratio & Proportion Simple interest

Reasoning and Military Aptitude Test:
Verbal Skills Spatial Ability

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in