2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

23rd April 2018, 11:42 AM
Unregistered

Re: Hydrogen Energy Centre Banaras Hindu University

Can you tell me about the Schemes offered under Centre of Hydrogen Energy under Department of Physics of Banaras Hindu University?
23rd April 2018, 11:43 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Hydrogen Energy Centre Banaras Hindu University

The Department of Physics of Banaras Hindu University is the nodal Department for the Centre of Hydrogen Energy, Nanoscience & Technology unit and the UGC Networking Centre.

The Department offers Post Graduate teaching in Biophysics, Condensed Matter Physics, Electronics, Nuclear & Particle Physics, Space Physics and Spectroscopy and many elective papers. ISRO has recently provided some financial support to start a research and teaching programme in the field of Space Physics.

SCHEMES

Department has been recognised under various schemes:

Departmental Research Scheme (UGC)
Department of Special Assistance (UGC)
Centre of Advance Studies Phase I, II,III & IV (UGC)
COSIST Phase I & II (UGC)
FIST Level-II (DST)
Interdisciplinary Programs: Hydrogen Energy Centre & Nanoscience & Technology Unit Interinstitutional International Programs: PHENIX (BNL, USA) & CBM (Germany) Experiment
Brookheaven National Lab (USA), Fermilab (USA) & NSC (MoU)

Distinctions Earned By Present Faculty Members
Fellowship of Academics

I.N.S.A. 02
I.A.Sc. 02
N.A.Sc. 04
N.Y.A.Sc. 01
S.S.Bhatnagar Prize 01
Goyal Award for Physical Sciences 01
H.J.Bhabha for Applied Sciences 01
INSA Young Scientist Award 01
I.B.M. Research Scientist 01
Von Humboldt Fellowship 07
JSPS Fellowship 03
INFN/INFM Fellowship 02
Femilab International Fellowship 01

PRESENT RESEARCH PROGRAMS:

Objectives: Generation of knowledge in New Areas.

Condensed Matter Experiment: Growth and Characterization of Materials (Nano-Materials, Superconducting, Hydrogen Storage, etc.) Amorphous, Quasicrystalline and Alloy Systems, Colossal Magneto Resistance, Multi Ferroic Materials and Diluted Magnetic Semicondutor (DMS), Nano Structures.
Associated Faculty Members: Prof. O. N. Srivastava, Prof. R. S. Tiwari, Prof. A. K. Ghosh, Dr. A. Srivastava, Dr. K. Singh, Dr. M. A. Shaz, Dr. N. Mehta.

Condensed Matter Theory: Soft Matter (Molecular fluids, liquid crystals, polymers, disordered systems) Biological systems (DNA denaturation, Protein folding) Phonon Physics
Associated Faculty Members: Prof. Yashwant Singh, Prof. Jokhan Ram, Prof. Shri Singh, Prof. Sanjay Kumar, Prof. Debanand Sa .

Electronics:Solid State Electronics and Ionics, Ultrasonic, Electronic Nose Sensors and Signal Processing, Devices and Conducting Polymeric Materials, Semicoducting and Magnetic Materials for Spintronics and Shift Heavy Ion Beam Radiation,Photonic Devices,Circuit and Communication
Associated Faculty Members: Prof. R. D. S. Yadava, Prof. R. K. Singh, Dr. Vivek Singh, Dr. S. Prasad, Dr. A.L. Saroj

Atomic and Molecular Physics: Electronic Spectra and Structure of Molecules/Biomolecules, Spectroscopic studies of Metallic Glasses,Laser Spectroscopic Studies of Novel Materials and Dark States, Vibrational Dephasing and Phase Transitions, Electron-Atom/Molecule Collision Light Scattering from Soft Matter and Bioparticles .
Associated Faculty Members: Prof. P.C. Mishra, Prof. S.B. Rai, Prof. R.Shanker, Prof. R.A. Yadav, Prof. Ranjan Kumar Singh, Dr. A. Bahadur.

Space Physics
Whistlers, Earthquake Precursors Analysis, VLF Waves, Aerosol Studies and Detector Development for Space Physics
Associated Faculty Members: Prof. A. K. Singh, Prof. B. K. Singh

Nuclear and Particle Physics
BRST Symmetrics, Relativistic Heavy Ion Collisions (PHENIX/CBM Program), Physics of Quark-Gluon Plasma, Experimental Nuclear Physics, Neutrino Physics, Quantum Field Theory, String Theory, Particle detectors and Instrumentation:.
Associated Faculty Members: Prof. C.P. Singh, Prof. R.P. Malik, Prof. B.P. Mandal, Prof. B.K. Singh, Prof. H.P. Sharma, Dr. V.S. Subrahmanyam, Dr. V.Singh, Dr. A. Kumar, Dr. S. Siwach

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in