2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

11th April 2015, 01:18 PM
Unregistered

HRS TNAU Ooty

Hey, I have completed B.Sc.,(Agriculture) degree course from Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU). Is there any post at Horticultural Research Station (HRS) of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU), Ooty where I can get job ? As I have a dreanm to do job at HRS of TNAU Ooty.
Similar Threads
Thread
JSS University OOTY Campus
Apex MBA College OOTY
MBA jobs in ooty
Ooty TIFR
JSS University Ooty Results
TIFR OOTY Recruitment
Ooty AAVIN Address
Ooty HDFC Bank
IDBI Ooty
MBA Fresher Jobs In Ooty
Hotel Ooty
Hotels Ooty
Ooty Hotels
Ooty Best Hotels
Ooty Cheap Hotels
Ooty boarding school
PNB ATM in Ooty
Rac tifr ooty
DBHPS Ooty
Colleges in Ooty Nilgiris
13th August 2018, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

Re: HRS TNAU Ooty

Can you tell me about the mandate of the Horticultural Research station, Vijayanagaram, Ooty of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore?
13th August 2018, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator

Re: HRS TNAU Ooty

Horticultural Research station, Udhagamandalam, was established in 1988 under the control of Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, Coimbatore. It along with the farm and greenhouses are located in the Vijayanagaram Farm, near the centenary Rose Park.

The field experiments are conducted at Wood House Farm with an area of 42 acres near Doddabetta. The seed production of temperate vegetables is taken up at Nanjanad farm with an area of 8 acres with the following objectives.

Mandate

To raise high yielding varieties and develop suitable production technologies of temperate vegetables and cut flowers suitable for the Nilgiris

To grow new varieties in temperate fruits and develop suitable production technology

To collect and preserve germplasm of herbal spices, medicinal and aromatic plants and develop suitable varieties for the Nilgiris

To announce new horticultural species to increase the income of the farmers

To improve new varieties of mushroom for commercial cultivation, impart training to the farmers and to supply spawn

To work out the production techniques for biodynamic organic farming system to reduce pesticide and chemical fertilizer application

To collect native acid tolerant strains of Azospirillum, Azotobacter, Phosphobacteria, Rhizobium and VAM for mass production and supply to the farmers

To mass produce bio control agents for the management of pest and diseases of hill crops

To impart training on conservation of biosphere to preserve the Nilgiris ecosystem

To develop mixed farming and dry farming systems to the Nilgiris ecosystem.

To mass multiply medicinal and aromatic plants for supply to the farmers.

Contact Detail:

Horticultural Research Station, Rose Garden,
Vijayanagaram Farms,
Ooty - 643 001
The Nilgiris (Dt)
Phone: 0423-2442170
e-mail ID: hrsooty@tnau.ac.in

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in