2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

11th April 2015, 12:50 PM
Unregistered

HPCE IIT madras

Is IIT madras offering the High Performance Computing Environment (HPCE)? Tell me what is High Performance Computing Environment (HPCE)? Also tell me about the supercomputing facilities of researchers at IIT Madras? Also provide me images of the IIT madras?
Similar Threads
Thread
Rsi iit madras
IIT Madras TI
HPC IIT Madras
GIS IIT Madras
IIT KGP Vs IIT Madras
Is There MCA In IIT Madras
IIT Madras SRF
JEE IIT Madras
IIT Madras Jam
Madras IIT MBA
Indian Institute Of Technology Madras (IIT Madras) MBA
IIT Madras HPCE
IIT Madras KV
MS Phd IIT Madras
MBA IIT Madras
IIT Madras VSC
IIT Madras NSS
MBA at IIT Madras
KV IIT Madras
CEP IIT Madras
21st July 2018, 01:10 PM
Unregistered

Re: HPCE IIT madras

Hii sir, I Wants to get the Information About the High Performance Computing Environment of the IIT Madras ?
21st July 2018, 01:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: HPCE IIT madras

The High Performance Computing Environment (HPCE) is set up to cater to the ever increasing demand, for supercomputing facilities, of researchers at IIT Madras. Material science and engineering, atmospheric and ocean modeling, aerospace engineering, modeling social, ecological and physical networks, design of large structures and VLSI

Each of these architectures is designed to handle different types of computing problems based on what is needed.

a.SMP system is a computer that contains multiple processors, shares the same memory and is managed by one operating system. These SMP systems are normally used for computing jobs that require large amount of memory.

b.Cluster Computing on the other hand is a group of systems (nodes) linked together through some sort of interconnect and are used for parallel processing for scientific applications. Typical users of Clusters will break their compute job into pieces, distribute the pieces across many nodes on the cluster and accumulate the results in the end.

c.Grid Computing focuses on maximizing the use of processor resources of various computers (possibly throughout a large geographical area). Each of these computers is running a software client that allows access to system and the processor to be used when the computer is powered on and no one is using it.

For more Information you may Contact to the IIT Madras the Contact details are given below

Contact Details
IIT Madras
Address: Sardar Patel Road, Opposite to C, L.R.I, Adyar, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600036

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in