2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 09:02 AM
Super Moderator

Re: How to make Career in Banking Sector

Banking today is a place career for enthusiasts in the field of commerce and accounts.

Banking is a career that offers opportunities to students from all streams.

Job opportunities for graduates and post-graduates in banking are excellent in India.

Once you complete a careful professional course in banking, you will immediately be offered good position in private banks.

Banks such as
ICICI,
HSBC,
Kotak Mahindra,
HDFC,
Standard Chartered,
Barclay’s, and
American Express

Pay scale
The pay scales for banking student who is a fresher could vary anywhere from Rs 8,000 to Rs 20,000 to begin with.

Students who have post graduated from top b-schools and banking institutions can expect up to Rs 8 lakhs per annum for the role of relationship managers depending on their overall scores and the college they are from.
16th December 2015, 08:33 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir is their any one suggest me how can I make my career in banking sector? Which exam want I need to crack a bank exam?
16th December 2015, 08:34 AM
Super Moderator

Banking is the best career option in commerce and accounts. It is the first step towards understanding the global economy, discovering the challenges of the marketplace and identifying themselves with a career that provides them with great opportunities, both within the country and abroad for the Fresher.

If you are a student of BCom, you can get placed as a sales executive for loans, mortgages and insurance with any of the leading banks.

If you hold an MBA in finance from a good b-school, you can expect to be placed as a relationship manager.

Making career in banking sector you need to Judge Your Potentials and Make A Prep Strategy. Your qualification is also help you to start career in banking sector. You need to understand Pattern of Exam.

You can start study for bank exam to join Coaching Center and also join Business Schools.
You need to Practice and Hard Work, Patience and Don’t Lose Hope-Social.

Some firms are announced their entrance exam for selection of candidates for PO, cl;erk and many more posts;

IBPS
SBI
RBI
RRB
And private bank.

Career progression for Officers in Banking Sector

Junior Management Grade – Scale I: Officer
Middle Management Grade – Scale II: Manager
Middle Management Grade – Scale III: Senior Manager
Senior Management Grade – Scale IV: Chief Manager
Senior Management Grade Scale V: Assistant General Manager
Top Management Grade Scale VI: Deputy General Manager