2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st June 2015, 12:19 PM
Unregistered

How to get a seat in IIM Bangalore

I would like to do the PGP course from the IIM Bangalore. How can I get PGP seat in the IIM Bangalore? Please tell me about the Eligibility and Admission Criteria to get into the Indian Institute of Management Bangalore so I can take admission there?
Similar Threads
Thread
DNB CET Seat Matrix
DM Keith Seat
WB Primary TET Seat
NRI Seat In Pdpu
Buy A Seat At AIMS
MP PMT Total Seat
JNU Seat Plan By SMS
IIT JEE Seat Allotment
Seat Distribution In DTU
CGPPT Seat
MP PET seat availability
DNB CET SS seat matrix
MBA Seat Vacancy
Ipu MBA seat status
Seat Allotment in CG PET
KCET Medical and Engineering ranks to get a seat in Bangalore
IIT Seat for NRI
Pay for Management Seat in engineering College Bangalore
XAT is Conducted for How Many Seat
CET seat matrix Bangalore
22nd June 2018, 04:00 PM
Unregistered

Re: How to get a seat in IIM Bangalore

Hello sir, I want to get seat in IIM Bangalore. Is there any one can tell me what should I need to do for get a seat in IIM Bangalore? How to How to get a seat in IIM Bangalore?
22nd June 2018, 04:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to get a seat in IIM Bangalore

After attending entrance exam organised by IIM Bangalore candidates may secure their seat in IIM Bangalore with good scores.

IIM-Bangalore (IIM-B) was founded in 1973 and is the third IIM to be established after IIM-Ahmedabad and IIM-Calcutta.

IIM-B offers Post Graduate programmes, Doctoral Programme/FPM as well an Executive education program.

The admission in IIMs is done in two levels. The first is to appear in CAT and qualify the test. IIM Selection Criteria enlists the minimum percentile required in CAT exam which is required to be eligible for IIM Admissions.

On basis of the IIM CAT cut offs, candidates are shortlisted for the next stage.

IIM Admission:

IIM Shortlisting on basis of CAT Cut Offs.
Written Admission Test (WAT) or Group Discussion (GD).
Personal Interview (PI)

To get a call from IIMs, to get shortlisted, you need to know the selection process.

Each of the IIMs has a very elaborate procedure for admitting students. Some look for students with consistent academic records. Some look for a diverse background.

There are some who focus more on CAT and GD-PI performance. To know which IIM you have most chances in, read ahead.

Application Rating Score (AR)=A+B+C. Here A = points relative to class 10 score, B is for class 12th marks, and C is for percentage score in Bachelors degree.

Thus, having a good past academic record is very important.
Next comes the WAT and PI rounds.
Normalized AR score of an applicant is equal to his/her AR scores divided by average of the top 50 AR scores from the applicants pool.

IIM Bangalore Admission Criteria - CAT cutoff

Category Sections Aggregate
VARC DILR QA
General 85 80 80 90
NC-OBC 75 70 70 80
SC 70 65 65 75
ST 60 60 60 75
DA 60 60 60 75

Shortlisting Criteria:

Parameters Weightage
CAT Score 40
10th Board Marks 20