2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 12:10 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to become an Army Doctor

You can join Indian Army as a doctor. For this you have to qualify A.F.M.C exam.

A.F.M.C stand for Armed Force Medical College.
It is among the top medical college in India.

Eligibility:

Qualification:-
You have to Pass 12th with minimum 60% marks in first attempts of Board exam.

Minimum 50% marks in physics, chemistry and biology and English.

Age Limit:
If you apply after passing 12th:-
17-12 year

If you apply after graduation:-
17-24 year.

After passing AFMC, you need to qualify the medical entrance examination and after that you will be called for SSB by AFMC, Pune.

The performance in the Medical entrance and SSB interview will decide the merit for admission into AFMC, Pune.

If you succeed then you will complete your MBBS from AFMC and according to the bond you have to serve in the Indian Army as an doctor for a fixed period of time.
2nd April 2016, 12:51 PM
Unregistered

How To Become An Army Doctor

Hello sir, I was completed my BSc in nursing. I want to get job in Indian army doctor job. Can any one tell me how to become an Army doctor?
2nd April 2016, 12:51 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How To Become An Army Doctor

To become an army doctor you need a solid grade point average and a good score on the Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT). You'll also need to have recommendations from professors.

You need to be physically fit and must pass height and weight standards. You'll have to receive a security clearance

Some steps you want to follow for become an army doctor:

Obtain a Bachelor's Degree

Secure a Medical Degree

Meet Military Requirements and Join the Military

Opportunities for Career Advancement

Complete the medical school training and residency requirements, which often take four years.

Attend the Army's six-week Officer Basic Leadership Course, which doctors attend instead of basic training.

A military doctor diagnoses and treats ailments. Military physicians can apply previous experience and receive new training in treatments pertaining to diving, tropical environments or aerospace medicine.

The military also employs doctors with specializations in more common types of medicine such as pediatrics, family care and neurology.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in