2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st December 2015, 06:51 PM
Unregistered

How to Beat the GMAT

I want to crack / beat GMAT exam to get admission in MBA course . Please give here tips to beat GMAT exam ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Gmat vs gre
Hhs gmat
Gmat og 15
Uvm mba gmat
Gmat fpm
How to Beat GMAT
GMAT What Is
Used Chevrolet Beat
Delhi University Beat
Gre gmat
GMAT Mean
Tcu mba gmat
Mba gmat
Lse gmat
Gmat ets
Gmat rsm
Just Beat It Lyrics
AP Forest Section Beat Officer Notification
Question Paper AP Forest Beat Officer
MBA Resume Beat the GMAT
21st December 2015, 06:51 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How to Beat the GMAT

GMAT is a tough entrance exam for getting admission in MBA course in a top B School .

As you want I am here giving you tips for preparation for GMAT exam .

Tips:

Set an exponential GMAT prep timetable

Create a learning diary

Arrange study material .

Focus on weak points

Practice educated guessing

Attend mock test .

Practice more and more.

GMAT Exam Pattern:

Three main parts in the exam:
1) Analytical Writing Assessment
2) Quantitative Section
3) Verbal Section

Distribution of Questions:

Analytical Writing Assessment- 1 Question

Integrated Reasoning- 12 Questions

Quantitative Aptitude- 37 Questions

Verbal- 41 Questions

Total Time Allotted:
3 Hours and 30 Minutes

Syllabus of Study:
Analytical Writing Assessment:
essay based questions having justification and analysis; arguments and critical evaluation on the part of the applicants

Integrated Reasoning:
Multi Source Reasoning; Table Analysis; Graphics Interpretation and Two Part Analysis Quantitative Section: Problem Solving based questions and DS (Data Sufficiency) questions

Verbal Section:

Critical Reasoning and Sentence Correction and Reading Comprehension based questions; Fundamental Skills in English
14th March 2016, 03:43 PM
Unregistered

How To Beat The Gmat

Hi I would like to know the critical factors which are involved in cracking the GMAT examination as I plan to appear for the GMAT Examination?
14th March 2016, 03:44 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How To Beat The Gmat

Ten Critical Factors That Can Help You Beat The GMAT (Or Any Standardized Test)

10. Build up a SMART Goal

Before you even begin to study you have to set an objective. This objective ought not be something obscure, for example, I need to give the GMAT at the earliest opportunity and do and also I can. It ought to take after the SMART standard making it:

Particular

Quantifiable

Feasible

Pertinent

Time-Bound

9. Be Flexible

It is imperative to be adaptable and versatile simply like the exam. Try not to plan your exam until you know you're at a point where you're certain you'll have the capacity to accomplish your objective score 2-3 weeks out. When you take the exam is basic. I think everybody has a basic top point they have to misuse. The basic point is the point at which you're performing taking care of business however kept concentrating on is going to begin getting depleting and you're truly prepared to execute the brute and be finished with this period of the graduate school process.

8. KYO

Know Your Opponent.

"On the off chance that you know the adversary and know yourself, you require not fear the aftereffect of a hundred fights. In the event that you know yourself however not the foe, for each triumph picked up you will likewise endure an annihilation. In the event that you know neither the foe nor yourself, you will succumb in each fight."

- Sun Tzu

Your adversary is the GMAT calculation. You have to know how it functions and you have to know its shortcomings. Its greatest shortcoming is that it knows nothing about you when you enter the exam room. By then you know significantly more about the CAT and you have to exploit this. The CAT doesn't know in case you're feeble in geometry or number properties or whatever else. This acknowledgment truly helped me on the exam. On the off chance that I didn't know how to take care of an issue and I had spent over a moment on the inquiry, I essentially speculated and proceeded onward.

7. Think about the Bigger Picture and Be Inspired

There will be commonly amid your study where you truly have no inspiration to go on. In any case, on the off chance that you need to accomplish your objective, you have to discover a wellspring of motivation to keep you going. Scanning the site of your fantasy school or your fantasy work dependably makes a difference. Keep in mind that the GMAT is just an unfortunate obligation and not an end in itself.

6. Advance Your Performance

The studies are out there. You may see a RC entry on it. In any case, everybody knows certain key things are useful for your cerebrum, including eating routine and activity. On the off chance that you never paid consideration on either, begin now.

5. Try not to Believe Everything You Read/See

With the web, there's no lack of exhortation, tips, best practices, and data on the GMAT. In spite of the fact that there is a considerable measure of brilliant data out there, you have to filter through everything with a receptive outlook and take what works best for you. Each online gathering has stacks of intense issues that will make you sweat and stress you senseless making you accept you're not prepared for the test.

4. Hone

Insufficient can be said in regards to hone. Both amount and quality are just as vital. Practice is the best way to enhance your aptitudes. Likewise following two or three weeks, begin timing yourself on all issues and audit addresses that take over two minutes. Spending over two minutes on an inquiry is tantamount to missing the point.

3. Plan for D-Day

Be arranged for the day of the exam. Attempt to re-enact exam conditions in your second gmat prep CAT and in a couple of others

2. Be Calm

One can take two Kaplan CATs before the exam. The objective was to ensure one completes the exam in time and surged every inquiry attempting to fill in as quick as possible. It was very hyper and truly worked up and wound up committing a considerable measure of imprudent errors.

1. Continuance

THIS IS THE SINGLE BIGGEST FACTOR TO YOUR SUCCESS!!!

Insufficient can be said in regards to the weariness element.

I've taken the GRE in the past and bombarded the Verbal segment since I was basically depleted when I got to it. Fortunately I didn't have the same issue on the GMAT.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in