2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th June 2015, 04:25 PM
Super Moderator

Re: How To Apply For Indian Economic Services

The UPSC IES Exam is an important step for those candidates who want to be an officer in statistics and economics in government service.

This exam is conducted yearly as part of recruitment for Grade IV vacancies in Indian Economics Service (IES) and Indian Statistical Services (IES).

Eligibility:

Applicants must have completed Masters course in Business Economics/ Economics/Applied Economics/ Econometrics are eligible for applying for Indian Economic Services .

Application Procedure
:

Applicants have to apply online on UPSC website

Applicants have to fill part I and Part II of the application form

After completion of Part- I of application form applicants have to pay application fee of Rs 200 in any branch of the state bank of India.

Fee payment can also be made through debit card or credit card or net banking facility

On successful completion or registration applicants are issued a RID confirming registration.

A copy of the application form must be taken and preserved for future reference.

Sorry to say that last date to apply is over , please try next year .
Important Dates :

Last date to apply for the application form was 20-03-2015 .

IES exam was held on :- 23.05.2015

Exam Pattern:

The exam is divided into two parts

Part I- Written Exam
Part II- Vice

The time alloted for each section is 3 hours each.

The written exam comprises of 1000 marks with 200 marks for each section.

Applicants who qualify the test would be called for interview

Indian Economics - 200 marks - 3 hours

General English - 100 marks - 3 hours

General Studies - 100 marks - 3 hours

General Economics-I - 200 marks - 3 hours

General Economics-II - 200 marks - 3 hours

General Economics-III - 200 marks - 3 hours
27th February 2016, 12:26 PM
Unregistered

Hi I would like to know the eligibility details as I would like to know who all can apply for the Indian Economic Services?
27th February 2016, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

Indian Economics Services examination is conducted by Union Public Service Commission and the exam is one of the most sought after as well as toughest examination to crack.

Eligibility for IES/ISS examination has been mentioned below:

Nationality
:
A candidate must be either:
(a) A citizen of India, or
(b) a subject of Nepal, or
(c) a subject of Bhutan, or
(d) a Tibetan refugee who came over to India before 1st January, 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India. or
(e) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Srilanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania, Zambia, Malawi, Zaire, Ethiopia and Vietnam with the intention of permanently settling in India.
Provided that a candidate belonging to categories (b), (c), (d) and (e) shall be a person in whose favour a certificate of eligibility has been issued by the Government of India.
Age Limits:
Aspirant must have attained the age of 21 years and must not have attained the age of 30 years.

Educational Qualifications:
• A Post-graduate degree in Economics/Applied Economics/Business Economics/Econometrics for IES
• A Post-Graduate degree in Statistics/Mathematical Statistics/Applied Statistics for ISS
• A Degree must from a University incorporated by an Act of the Central or State Legislature in India or other educational institutes established by an Act of Parliament or declared to be deemed as a University under Section 3 of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956, or a foreign university approved by the Central Govt. from time to time.
The application can be made online through the official website where the details will be published when there are requirements.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in