2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 09:36 AM
Unregistered

Hobbies and Extracurricular Activities in MBA Application

Hello sir, I am Ronaldo Messi. I am from New York. I want you to help me by giving me some information about the role of Hobbies and extracurricular activities in MBA application. Can you give me some details?
Similar Threads
Thread
List Of Extracurricular Activities In School
Hobbies for MBA students
Activities for management students MBA
Hobbies for MBA application
Activities Of IARI
Activities Of ISRO
Activities Of IFFCO
BPCL CSR Activities
Public Relation Activities Of ONGC
Hobbies for MBA Form
List Of CSR Activities
MBA Activities
Hobbies in Resume for MBA
Extra curricular activities for MBA
Mumbai university activities
Activities For Management Students MBA
Children's University Activities
Hobbies Club IIT Roorkee
GPS High School Activities
Cosmetology Class Activities
26th February 2016, 09:52 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Hobbies and Extracurricular Activities in MBA Application

An extracurricular activity is a non-academic, non-professional activity that you participate in. These activities include hobbies, sports, the arts, and volunteering or community service.

Extracurricular activities play a critical role in MBA application. Here are some reasons:

Extracurricular activities add color and texture to an otherwise one-dimensional application.

Extracurricular activities prove your commitment

Extracurricular demonstrate creativity and passion

Extracurricular activities allow you to demonstrate initiative, as well as leadership and organizational skills

Extracurricular activities can tip the scale in your favor when you’re up against an otherwise equally competitive candidate
Extracurricular or Volunteer Activities which are relevant for MBA Application

Any activity that shows your entrepreneurial skills
Any activity that shows your leadership, communication, and emotional intelligence
Any activity or event that proves your ability to come out of your comfort zone
Ex: International travel, learning a foreign language & crossing cultural and communication barrier
Any activity where you are involved with the military or affiliated organizations
Any activity that involve organizing events - at work, college level, or alumni association
Any hobby that involve practice on a regular basis - football, baseball, cricket, basketball, soccer, archery, golf and other sports that require discipline and focus.
Any activity that shows team building capability - fundraising, volunteering for a local charity or setting up an online campaign for a bigger cause.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in