2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2015, 08:54 AM
Unregistered

History Of NITP

Can any one tell me about source where I can get information about history of National Institute of Technology Patna (NITP)? Actually my sister needs following information for her project. Tell me can I get history details from the official website of NIT Patna Campus?
Similar Threads
Thread
Birmingham NITP
NITP Homepage
NITP Portal
NITP Old
NITP Video
NITP Form
www.nitp.ac.in recruitment
NITP Las Vegas
Aaa nitp
Nitp ltd
Nmi nitp
NITP Bristol
NITP Nigeria
NITP Ac Fee Structure
NITP Portsmouth
NITP IT academy
NITP Victoria
Psa nitp
NITP Ac
NITP Fellowship
26th May 2018, 08:11 AM
Unregistered

Re: History Of NITP

I want to do engineering degree and for this decide to join National Institute of Technology Patna (NITP) searching for institute details. Will you please tell what the history of National Institute of Technology Patna (NITP) also provide list of Facilities and societies available here?
26th May 2018, 08:11 AM
Super Moderator

Re: History Of NITP

The National Institute of Technology Patna (NITP), formerly Bihar School of Engineering and Bihar College of Engineering, is a public engineering institution located in Patna in the Indian state of Bihar

History Of NITP

NIT Patna origin can be traced to 1886 with the establishment of a survey training school and subsequent renaming it to Bihar college of Engineering in 1900. A graduate level curriculum was introduced in 1924.

Facilities

Central Library
Computer Center
Student Activity center (SAC)
GYM (separate for boys and girls.)
College Canteens(Govt Canteen, Nescafe Canteen)
TT and Badminton court with Synthetic International flooring
Squash Courts
Medical Center
Cricket / Football Ground with 1000+ students strength stands

The institute recognizes these major societies:

The Cultural Society organizes a cultural extravaganza under the name Melange - the melting pot of talents.

The Common Room Society organizes indoor games competitions like chess, carom, table tennis, badminton, and Su-doku championship.

The Outdoor Society conducts field events like cricket, football, volleyball, javelin, discus and includes the Athletic Society, which conducts the athletic events.

The EXE-Extreme Engineering society provides lectures on robotics and embedded systems which is no more functional because of lack of administrative support.

NIT-Patna started up student chapters with an internationally recognized societies like ASME (American Society of Mechanical Engineers) for ME students and IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers) for ECE and EE students.

NIT Patna
Ashok Rajpath, Mahendru, Patna, Bihar 800005
Phone: 0612 237 1715

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in