2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

7th May 2015, 11:51 AM
Unregistered

Hacku IITD

Sir I am studying in Indian Institute of technology , Delhi (IITD) and after one week Hacku , (Hacking Competition) is going to organize . But I am newcomer , so I don’t know about it . Would you please provide me its all the details and how can anyone participate in it ?
Similar Threads
Thread
Iitd pg
Iitd acm
Iitd scm
Aml 150 iitd
GIS Lab IITD
Iitd jca
Iitd ttm
Mrc iitd
Jee iitd
Iitd MBA cut off
Mep 100 iitd
Iitd dms
MBA From IITD
Iitd mba
Dms iitd MBA
Job@IITD
Iitd dms phd
Iitd rdv
Fac iitd
Cc iitd
29th November 2019, 04:12 PM
Unregistered

Re: Hacku IITD

Can you provide me the details of the App - Yahoo Hacku 2011, IIT Delhi - Online Status Notifier?
29th November 2019, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Hacku IITD

The details of the App - Yahoo Hacku 2011, IIT Delhi - Online Status Notifier are as follows:

Yahoo Hacku 2011, IIT Delhi - Online Status Notifier

Yahoo Hacku 2011, IIT Delhi - Online Status Notifier - precisely notifies the user via sms when a particular friend comes online on Facebook. One does not need to open computer or log in to Facebook account to use the App.

The app uses Facebook Graph API and Facebook Query Language (FQL) to find out the online status of a Facebook friend. It uses a cronjob that repeatedly sends requests to the Graph API about the online status of that friend. Once, it finds that the friend is online, a SMS is sent to the user using Way2SMS.

Yahoo Hacku 2012, IIT Delhi - News Graph

Information in news is highly scattered over space and time. So it becomes difficult to see everything in news, relate all incidents and draw out conclusions.

It give an interface where user can search the name of an entity in news and he gets a graph of the entities which are related to that entity up to a certain number of hops.

Entity - Any proper noun which has significance in news. They are related to other entities through well-defined relations.

One has downloaded past archives from some newspapers. Also, its database is continuously growing with the RSS feeds from those newspapers. It then sends those news articles to an NLP tool which extracts the entities and relations from it.

After that, it generates a graph out of them and based on the user's query, it display the desired information. It also provides some additional information about nodes which are extracted from some structured sources.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in