2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th December 2014, 04:21 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Guru Nanak Dev University Bachelor (Physiotherapy)

Hey, you want to that Guru Nanak Dev University offers correspondence course in Bachelor in Physiotherapy or not, this university not offers Bachelor in Physiotherapy in correspondence.

Correspondence courses offered by the university:

M.Sc. (Computer Science) – Two years
M.Sc. (Information Technology) – Two years
L.L.B (Academic) – Two years
B. Lib. & Information Science – One year
B.C.A – Three years
B.Sc. (Information Technology) – Three years Bachelor in Insurance and Risk Management- Three
Postgraduate Diploma (One year) after graduation. i) Computer Application
Web Designing

Diploma (after +2) - One year
i) Computer Application
ii) Legal Transcription
iii) Computer Art & Design iv) Business Statistics & Computer Application

M.Com. – Two years
M.Sc. (Mathematics) – Two years
B.B.A – Three years 4. B.Com. (Professional) – Three years
Postgraduate Diploma (One year ) after graduation. i) Business Management
ii) Guidance and Counseling
iv) Dress Designing and Tailoring
v) iv) Cosmetology

Diploma (after +2) - One year
i) Library Science
ii) Cosmetology
iii) Commercial Art
iv) Home Management
v) Business Management
vi) Marketing Management
vii) Personnel Management
viii) Journalism & Mass Communication
ix) Import & Export
Correspondence course at GNDU
Distance Education Programme Of late, Distance Education has become a premier mode of imparting higher education, both at the national and international level. Higher education and development of a nation being closely related, the Government of India has set up a target to raise the percentage of eligible age group (17 to 23 years) in higher education from abysmally low of 6 percent to at least 15%. The capability of the existing conventional education system to cater to such a large targeted size of population is, undoubtedly, limited. The Government, therefore, has decided to encourage distance education as a cost effective channel to expand higher education in the country. The Guru Nanak Dev University started its distance education programme with the approval of Distance Education Council from the session 2002-2003. Under this programme, a number of technical, professional and conventional courses running parallel to courses offered in conventional mode have been introduced. Unrestricted mobility of students between distance and conventional mode of education is the merit of our distance education programme. Under this programme, ordinances, syllabus, examination, evaluation etc. is the same as for regular students. Under this programme, a number of Associate Institutes have been setup where classroom teaching is an integral part of distance learning. The University ensures the quality of teaching at the Associate Institutes by making regular inspections of the physical and academic infrastructure. While quality assurance remains an important objective of the distance education programme, it also aims at spreading higher education to the remote, rural and border areas of the state, especially for the benefit of women and other groups that remain left out from the conventional stream. In 2002-2003, to start with about 30 Associate Institutes were set up. Now their number has grown three times. The number of students under this programme has also increased five fold. Institutions Eligible for Associate Institute. (i) Existing recognized colleges, schools, educational and research institutes; and (ii) Registered societies of charitable nature, Non-Government Organization (NGO) or any other voluntary organization with a standing of three years in their field of operation. The applicant institution, shall have : (i) a sufficient number of properly ventilated spacious class rooms equipped with adequate and quality furniture; (ii) audio-visual aids as OHP, VCR, Television etc; (iii) its own Computer Lab with Internet connection; (iv) a well-stacked library ; (v) Teaching faculty as per the norms prescribed by the University.

List of Courses Category A Courses: 30 Seats (Each) [In case of M.Sc.(Computer Sc.), M.Sc.(Information Technology), courses maximum number of Seats : 25 each] 1. M.Sc. (Computer Science) – Two years 2. M.Sc. (Information Technology) – Two years 3. L.L.B (Academic) – Two years 4. B. Lib. & Information Science – One year 5. B.C.A – Three years 6. B.Sc. (Information Technology) – Three years 7. Bachelor in Insurance and Risk Management- Three years 8. Postgraduate Diploma (One year) after graduation. i) Computer Application ii) Web Designing 9. Diploma (after +2) - One year i) Computer Application ii) Legal Transcription iii) Computer Art & Design iv) Business Statistics & Computer Application Category B Courses: 30 Seats (Each) [In case of M.Com. course maximum number of Seats : 25 only] 1. M.Com. – Two years 2. M.Sc. (Mathematics) – Two years 3. B.B.A – Three years 4. B.Com. (Professional) – Three years 5. Postgraduate Diploma (One year ) after graduation. i) Business Management ii) Guidance and Counseling iii) Dress Designing and Tailoring iv) Cosmetology 6. Diploma (after +2) - One year i) Library Science ii) Cosmetology iii) Commercial Art iv) Home Management v) Business Management vi) Marketing Management vii) Personnel Management viii) Journalism & Mass Communication ix) Import & Export Category C Courses : 40 Seats (Each) 1. B.Com. – Three year 2. M.A. – Two years i) Philosophy ii) Religious Studies iii) Punjabi iv) English v) Economics vi) Political Science vii) Hindi viii) History ix) Police Studies x) Defence Studies

3. B.A. (Compulsory Subjects: Two + Elective Subjects: three - Subject to such conditions that may be imposed by the University from time to time). VOCATIONAL SUBJECTS PERMITTED IN B.A. A candidate can offer only two vocational course subjects from the list below: Computer Maintenance/ Functional English/ Tourism and Travel Management/ Office Management & Secretarial Practice/ Functional Sanskrit/ Tax Procedure & Practice/ Advertisement Sales Promotion and Sales Management/ Functional Punjabi/ Functional Hindi/ Fashion Designing & Garments Construction/ Journalism & Mass Communication/ Fashion Designing/ Information Technology. 4. Diploma (after +2) in i) Punjabi Lok Sangeet ii) Translation a) Hindi b) Punjabi iii) Stitching and Tailoring 5. Giani 6. Certificate Course (after 10th) : i) Punjabi Lok Sangeet ii) Translation a. Hindi b. Punjabi Note : 1. Associate Institutes may apply for any number of courses. However the permission to start the course/subject shall be given on the recommendations of the Inspection Committee and as per the rules of the University. 2. Candidates will be admitted to courses as per the eligibility conditions in force at the time of admission. 3. The course of study, the duration of courses, the medium of instruction and examination and mode of examination, unless otherwise specified, shall be the same as existing in the University. 4. Degree/ Certificate awarded under these programmes shall have a mention of the ‘Distance Education’ mode. 5. Associate Institutes must ensure at least 40% admission in each course. Fee Chargeable From Associate Institute Fees (non-refundable), as applicable, from the Institutes under following heads, will be charged: (Rs.) (i) Application Processing Fee (one time at the time of submitting the application) 15,000/- (ii) Associate Fee (one time to be deposited before the conferment of the Status) 1,00,000/-

(iii) Course Fee (one time) (a) Category A & Category B Courses (one time): Undergraduate/ Diplomas/ 15,000/- (per course) Certificate Course Postgraduate 30,000/- (per course) (b)Category C Courses (One time) : Undergraduate/ Diplomas/ 6,000/- (per course) Certificate Courses Postgraduate 12,000/- (per course) (iv) Continuation Fee (per annum): Up to 5 courses 30,000/- Up to 10 courses 50,000/- Up to 20 courses 70,000/- More than 20 courses 1,00,000/- (v) Enrolment Fee/Annual Fee: All charges (excluding University fees) collected from the students under this programme will be shared between the University and the Associate Institute in the ratio 30:70 as per the terms and conditions decided by the University. In case of B.A. course only, the University share will be 20%. Note : The University may revise the above fee structure. The Institute shall pay the difference, if any. (vi) Annual Fee (excluding University Fees): Category A Category B Category C Course Course Course 1. Undergraduate Rs. 22,000/- Rs. 10,000/- B.A. Rs. 2,500/- Others Rs. 6,000/- 2. Postgraduate Rs. 25,000/- Rs. 12,000/- Rs. 8,000/- 3. Diploma i) Postgraduate Rs. 22,000/- Rs. 10,000/- Rs. 6,000/- ii) Undergraduate/ Rs. 15,000/- Rs. 6,000/- Rs. 2,500/- Certificate Courses Notes:-- (i) Besides Annual Fee as mentioned in the above table, the Associate Institutes shall also charge every year University fees as per rules and regulations and as may be decided by the University from time to time. At present, University fees are charged under the heads: (i) Registration Fee; (ii) Enrollment Fee; (iii) Migration Fee; (iv) Continuation Fee; (v) Re-eligibility Fee; (vi) Verification Fee;(vii) World University Fee; (viii)University Vikas E-mail Fee; (ix) Distance Education Development Fee (x) University Examination Fee (Fee applicable in case of regular students) and (xi) Youth Welfare Fee. (ii) Associate Institutes will be responsible for collection of fees from the students and the timely remittance to the University. Failure to do so shall attract interest at the rates approved by the Syndicate. If all dues of a candidate are not cleared by the prescribed dates , his/her candidature for final examination shall stand automatically cancelled. (iii) University is authorized to revise the above fee structure, including University fees, at any time during the academic session. Candidates shall pay the difference of fee, if any.

(iv) Last date for Applying as New Associate Institute – End of February each Year. Last date for old Institutes for applying for continuation (and new course/s) - 31st May, each Year. If applied after the due dates, late fee shall be charged as per decision of the Syndicate. Should you require any information, please contact: Director, Centre for Distance Education, Guru Nanak Dev University, Amritsar-143005 Ph: 0183-2451843, 2258802-09 Extn. 3535, Fax: 0183-2451843, E-Mail: dde_gndu@yahoo.co.in

Address:
Guru Nanak Dev University
Court Road, Amritsar, Punjab 143005 ‎
0183 225 8855

Map:
[MAP]https://maps.google.co.in/maps?q=Guru+Nanak+Dev+University+&hl=en&ll=31.6364 84,74.825006&spn=0.008184,0.015664&sll=26.454591,8 0.297699&sspn=0.137703,0.250626&t=m&z=16&iwloc=A[/MAP]

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in