2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

25th June 2015, 02:48 PM
Unregistered

GRE PBT Vs CBT

I have decided to apply for Graduate Record Examination (GRE) but I am in confusion that which is best GRE PBT (Paper based Test) or GRE CBT (Computer based Test)? Please tell me which pattern is easy to give? Tell me what are the differences between these two types of Pattern?
20th February 2016, 03:38 PM
Unregistered

Re: GRE PBT Vs CBT

Please provide me the difference between the paper based test and computer based test conducted for GRE examination?
20th February 2016, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: GRE PBT Vs CBT

The difference between the paper based test and computer based test conducted for GRE examination are as follows:

CBT and the PBT require the similar amount of preparation as both are equally difficult.

Each offers its own unique advantages:
The computerized is accessible in more locations and scores are available instantly.
The paper test is a more conventional/familiar format and allows you to notate on the test itself.

The General Test everywhere in the United States (and just about anywhere in North America), only the computer-based version is offered.

General rule is that the paper-based exam is at the present only offered in regions where the computerized version is not, and the number of non-computerized regions is extremely limited.

First CBT includes some click on and insertion questions in reading section while PBT, on the other hand, does not.

Second the amount of questions is different-for example PBT includes about 50 questions in reading section, while CBT has only 44.

Third the time given for each question is different.

The computer-based exam is way more convenient.
The computer-based exam is “adaptive”.
The Computer-based exam means you’ll have to prepare differently.

It’s a different experience taking a standardized exam on a computer: one can’t scratch out answers or scribble all over a reading passage

If one is located outside the US, there is a chance one may take the paper-based test,
Paper-based tests are offered only up to three times per year.

With the paper-based test, one won’t get the score back for at least six weeks

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in