2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

4th May 2015, 09:05 AM
Unregistered

Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics M.A In Economics

I have completed BA and now want to do M.A In Economics from the Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics so please tell me the duration of this course and also give me some details about the admission process of it? What is the eligibility required to get admission in it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Review
Director Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics
Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics Director
Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics Vacancies
Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics Academic Staff
Director of Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Placements
Gokhale Institute Of Politics Economics Deemed University
Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics Ranking
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Financial Economics
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Address
Gokhale Institute Of Politics & Economics Shivaji Nagar
How Is Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Recruitment
Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics Official Website
Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics Distance Education
Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics Pune
Placement at Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics
Gokhale Institute of Politics And Economics Admission Form
Gokhale institute for politics and economics
15th May 2018, 07:57 AM
Unregistered

Re: Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics M.A In Economics

Can you tell me if Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune offer M.A in Economics Program in its curriculum as I want to apply for admission in it?
15th May 2018, 07:59 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Gokhale Institute Of Politics And Economics M.A In Economics

Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune was established in 1930 by the Servants of India Society. It is the oldest research and training institute in Economics in India.

It is dedicated to research into the socio-economic dimensions of the Indian society, and carries forward the legacy of Gopal Krishna Gokhale who founded the Servants of India Society in 1905 to promote education and develop capabilities among Indians for the governance of the nation after it had attained its political independence.

Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics, Pune does not offer M.A in Economics Program in its curriculum, instead it offers M.Sc. (Economics).

M.Sc. (Economics) Course Structure & Syllabus

A-01: MICROECONOMICS - I

Module 1: Consumer Theory
Preference relation and its properties Consumer preferences and representation of preferences by utility functions Budget constraint, Utility maximization and derivation of demand function, indirect utility function and its properties, Roys identity, Expenditure function, Shephards lemma, Inverse demand functions, The money metric utility functions. Comparative statics, The Slutsky equation, Properties of demand function Comparative statics using first order conditions, the integrability problem. Revealed preferences Endowments in the budget constraint, Labour leisure trade off. Consumers surplus, Compensating and Equivalent Variations

Module 2: Theory of Firm
Theory of organisation Measurements of inputs and outputs, Specification of technology production Function, Returns to scale and other properties of production sets, Technical rate of substitution and elasticity of substitution Profit maximization, Comparative statics, Profit function. Hotellings lemma, Factor demand functions, Supply function. Cost minimisation, Cost functions, Average and marginal cost functions, Short run and long run costs, Marginal cost pricing, aggregation industry supply function, Shephards lemma, Conditional factor demand functions. Duality between production and cost functions

Module 3: Theory of Market I: Perfect Competition, Monopoly, and Monopolistic Competition Perfect competition: short run and long run market equilibrium. Efficiency and welfare Critiques of P. Sraffa, and J. Robinson Monopoly: Monopoly power, Equilibrium output and prices, Effect on welfare, Price discrimination first, second, and third degree, Quality choice under monopoly. Monopolistic Competition

Module 4: Game theory (basic introduction)
Description of a game, Normal form representation of game, Extensive form representation of game, Solution concepts Nash Equilibrium, Mixed strategies, repeated games, Sequential games, Refinement: Sub-game perfection.

Module 5: Theory of Market II: Oligopoly
Cournot equilibrium, stability, comparative statics, welfare Bertrand equilibrium Quantity leadership, Price leadership Conjectural variations spatial competition: Linear city model, Circular city model.

Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics M.Sc. (Economics) Syllabus

Gokhale Institute of Politics and Economics M.Sc. (Economics) Syllabus
gipe.ac.in/admin//uploads/1501832145_M.Sc._(Economics)-Revised.pdf

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in