2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

27th July 2012, 05:16 PM
Super Moderator

Re: GNDU MA English syllabus

Here I am attaching a file, from where you can download the MA in Geography syllabus of GNDU; the PDF contains the syllabus of 1st to 5th semester’s syllabus, with the particular paper marks, the PDF shows four papers, three compulsory and one optional (out of the offered optional papers), of 100 marks each including practical examination.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GNDU MA syllabus.pdf (148.0 KB, 210 views)
24th July 2017, 03:13 PM
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaleen View Post
Here I am attaching a file, from where you can download the MA in Geography syllabus of GNDU; the PDF contains the syllabus of 1st to 5th semester’s syllabus, with the particular paper marks, the PDF shows four papers, three compulsory and one optional (out of the offered optional papers), of 100 marks each including practical examination.
2017 syllabus m.a. first semester English
2nd December 2019, 09:17 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the syllabus of M.A. (Master in Arts) English Program offered by Faculty of Languages, Guru Nanak Dev University?
2nd December 2019, 09:19 AM
Super Moderator

The syllabus of M.A. (Master in Arts) English Program offered by Faculty of Languages, Guru Nanak Dev University is as follows:

SEMESTER-I

Paper-I: Poetry (Upto Romantic Age)

Time: 3 Hours Max. Marks: 80

The question paper shall consist of Parts-A and B having 24 and 56 marks respectively.
Part-A: Eight (8) short questions (two from each unit) will be set. Students will be required to
answer six (6) of them. The short questions are aimed at examining the first hand
reading of prescribed texts. These shall relate to particular themes, actions, characters,
setting, literary / linguistic significance of selected scenes / stanzas etc. The narrower
the question, the better it is. The students shall answer these questions within 150 words
each. Each question will carry 4 marks (4x6=24)
Part-B: Four (4) questions (one from each Unit) will be set. The students will be required to
attempt all. Each question will have internal choice. One of the two choices should
preferably deal with literary and social background of the author / text. If required, the
examiner may also have sub-parts of a question. The students shall answer these
questions in not more than 800 words. Each question will carry 14 marks. (14x4=56).

Unit – I
John Milton: Paradise Lost, Book – 1

Unit – II
John Donne:
- The Good Morrow
- The Sunne Rising
- The Extasie
- A Valediction: Forbidding Mourning
- The Canonization
- Batter My Heart
- Three Personed God
- A Hymn to God The Father