2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

12th February 2013, 05:15 PM
Super Moderator

Re: GIS Tutorial

You want to get GIS 1 tutorial Work Book so I have it and I am sharing it with you which is Basic Workbook, Fourth Edition meets a growing demand for effective GIS training by providing tutorials and assignments that teach you how to collect data, create maps, and perform spatial analysis.

Presented in a step-by-step format, the book can be adapted to your specific needs, whether these involve learning GIS in a classroom or using the book for independent study. Updated for ArcGIS 10, this workbook demonstrates a range of GIS functionality, from querying interactive maps to running geo processing tools, and it introduces ArcGIS extensions for advanced analysis. Reader-friendly exercises make GIS Tutorial 1 the perfect choice for beginners.

Here I am uploading workbook and you can free download.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf GIS 1 Tutorial Work Book.pdf (1.70 MB, 67 views)
28th February 2015, 11:25 AM
Unregistered

Will you tell me what the content will be included in the GIS Tutorial as I want to get the tutorials of GIS ?
28th February 2015, 11:26 AM
Super Moderator

As you want I am here telling you about the content included in the GIS Tutorial.

GIS Basics includes:

What is GIS? - A basic overview of the primary components of a GIS.

How it Works - A glimpse at what makes GIS works.
GIS Data Types - Differences between raster and vector data.

What is Not a GIS- Concepts often confused with GIS.

Uses of GIS - An overview of how various industries use GIS.

ArcGIS includes:

Section 1 - Introductory ArcGIS - Viewing data, classifying features

Section 2 - Introduction to Tables - Working with tables, changing the table display, editing values and adding fields

Section 3 - More With Tables - Joining tables, linking tables, join and summarizing

Section 4 - Analysis with ArcGIS tools - Building Queries, finding points in a polygon, selecting features in a distance, converting to shapefiles, layouts.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in