2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

15th April 2015, 12:40 PM
Unregistered

Ginger TNAU

I am Hitesh, I want to know the process of Organic cultivation of Ginger to complete my project on Ginger TNAU. Ginger is cultivated in many states in India. Dry ginger has good demand abroad especially in the Middle East markets. Will you provide me the list of these states of India where Ginger is cultivated?
Similar Threads
Thread
Tnau ssl
Tnau ait
Tnau dee
Tnau dmi
Ssl tnau
New VC of TNAU
Tnau odl mba
Hrs tnau
Ginger India
TNAU Ginger
Ifs tnau
MBA in TNAU
Tnau mba
Tnau pro
Tnau pdf
Tnau cbe
ABM In TNAU
Tnau aws
Nss tnau
Ginger IITM Research Park
23rd July 2018, 08:59 PM
Unregistered

Re: Ginger TNAU

I want to know the season and the seed rate of Ginger in Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) so can you tell me/
23rd July 2018, 09:00 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Ginger TNAU

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University (TNAU) is an agricultural university located in Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu, India.

TNAU Ginger

Season:

May - June is highly suitable for cultivation.

Soil and climate:

A friable well drained loamy soil rich in humus with warm and humid conditions with 150 cm of annual rainfall are preferable. This crop is grown as an irrigated crop in humid zones from sea level to an altitude of 1500 metres.

Seed rate:

1500 - 1800 kg of rhizome/ha is required.

Seed treatment:

Treat the seed rhizomes with Mancozeb or Copper oxychloride 3 g/lit or 200 ppm Streptocycline for 30 minute

Spacing

Irrigated crop 40 20 cm in ridges and furrows.

Rainfed crop Raised beds of 20 20 cm or 25 25 cm

Manures and Manuring:

Basal: FYM 25-30 t + 30 tonnes green leaves as mulch in three splits : 15 tonnes-immediately after planting, 7.5 tonnes 60 days and 120 days after planting, 50: 25 kg of P and K per ha.

Top dressing: 37.5: 12.5 kg of N and K per ha applied on 45th and 90th day after planting

Aftercultivation

Mulching is done at the time of planting with green leaves. After each top dressing, earth up the plants.

Harvest:

The crop can be harvested after 8 - 9 months when leaves start yellowing and drying.

Yield:

About 12 - 15 t/ha can be obtained.

Varieties:

Rio de Janeiro, Maran Nadan, Suruchi,
Suravi, Suprabha, Himagiri,IISR Varada,
IISR Mahima and IISR Rejatha Athira
and Karthika are the popular varieties

Contact-

Tamil Nadu Agricultural University
TNAU - RI Block, Tamil Nadu Agricultural University, PN Pudur, Coimbatore, Tamil Nadu 641003
0422 661 1200

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in