2023 2024 Student Forum

2023 2024 Student Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/)
-   Main Forum (https://management.ind.in/forum/main-forum/)
-   -   Gateway School Chennai OMR (https://management.ind.in/forum/gateway-school-chennai-omr-76672.html)

Unregistered 30th September 2014 11:02 AM

Gateway School Chennai OMR

Can you give me the curriculum for High School in Gateway American International School in Chennai?

Kiran Chandar 30th September 2014 01:42 PM

Re: Gateway School Chennai OMR

Gateway American International School is affiliated to Harvest Time Christian School, Tampa, Florida USA and accredited by the National Association of Private Schools, member school of FLOCS & ACTS.

Gateway American International School
Curriculum for High School

The high school curriculum give emphasizes on academic excellence and personal, social and intellectual growth, and encourages each student to be a well-motivated and constructive member of society.

The high school encourages students to demonstrate in their personal, social and intellectual philosophy.

A high school diploma from the American school represents the successful completion of a planned course of study within a college –preparatory American curriculum.

Grade 9 candidates are required to enroll in at least seven courses (five academic classes, an elective and PE).

Candidates in grades 10and 11should take at least six courses (five academic classes, one semester of health, one semester of an elective).

Grade 12 students are expected to take at least five classes (four academic classes and an elective). Yearlong courses receive one credit; semester courses receive half credit.

All students enrolled in Gateway American School have to fulfil the following Criteria before Graduation. A minimum of 24 credits is compulsory.

Subject areas of Credits are as follows:
English (4 credits)
Mathematics (3 credits)
Science (3 credits)
History / Social Studies (3 credits)
P.E. & Health (2 Credits)
Electives (4 Credits)
Foreign Language French/ Chinese( Mandarin) (2 Credits)
Visual and performing Arts (1 Credits)
Information Technology(2 Credits)
65 hours of Community Service(1 Credit)

The following Elective Subjects:
Visual arts- (Photography, filming, Art and History)
Performing Arts – ( Choir, Drama, Orchestra, Dance, Guitar, Violin, Cello and Keyboard)
Computer Science / Information Technology – ( Graphic Design, Word Processing and Programming)
Journalism / Publishing – ( Year book, T.V. Production)
Foreign Languages – ( French, Spanish and Chinese)
Business Education – ( Accounting, Management Concepts and Business Development)

Contact Detail:
Gateway The Complete School
No:43 , Nedunchezhiyan Street
Behind Infosys, Sholinganallur
OMR, Chennai - 600 100

Unregistered 15th March 2016 10:18 AM

Sir I want to go to the campus of the Gateway School in OMR Chennai so can you please provide me the same

Shaleen 15th March 2016 10:19 AM

Hey buddy below I am giving you the address for the Gateway School in OMR
Chennai

Gateway The Complete School  
International School
Address: 43, Nedunchezhiyan Street, Behind Infosys, Sholinganallur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600100
Phone:044 6450 0000

[MAP]Gateway The Complete School Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600100[/MAP]

Other schools in the OMR Chennai

Al-Fajr International School  
School
Address: 23A, I Main Raod, III Cross Street, Venkateswara Colony, Nehru Nagar, Kottivakkam (OMR), Near Sun Direct & Taramani Railway Station, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600041
Phone:044 4557 2228

Kanchana Paati - My Grandma's Place  
School
Address: No. 11, 3rd Cross Street, Thirumalai Nagar Annexe, (near Toll Plaza - Omr), Perungudi, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600096
Phone:097909 10970

NDE School of Animation  
Art School
Address: Newreel Design and Entertainment (P) Ltd, Pacifica Tech, 23 Rajiv Gandhi Salai, (Near to Polaris Lab), Chennai/OMR, Tamil Nadu 603103
Phone:044 2819 2329

Jagannath Vidyalaya  
Private School
Address: Thaiyur, Near Kelambakkam, Off OMR, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603103
Phone:091766 07756

OMR Driving School  
Driving School
Address: No.4/440, 3rd Street, Sholinganallur Main Road, Near Pudhu Nagar Bus Stop, Pudhu Nagar, Medavakkam, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 600100
Phone:098405 33419

Vels University School of Maritime Studies  
College
Address: Off Rajiv Gandhi Salai – OMR (IT Highway), Thalambur, near Navalur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu 603103
Phone:044 3200 0501