2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st April 2018, 03:37 PM
Unregistered

Re: French Department Punjab University

Can you list me the courses offered by Department of French and Francophone Studies of Panjab University, Chandigarh? Also provide me the contact address of the University?
21st April 2018, 03:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: French Department Punjab University

The Department of French and Francophone Studies of Panjab University, Chandigarh came into existence in 1957. It now offers six different courses to strength of around 200 students and is the most sought after French Department in Northern India after Jawaharlal Nehru University, New Delhi.

Department of French and Francophone Studies

Advanced Diploma in French

Duration 1 years
Seats 29 (3 NRI)
Fees Rs. 10,000/- Approx. [2017-18]

Eligibility
(a) Diploma in French
(b) B. A. Part- II examination with French as an elective subject of Panjab University
(c) An examination of another University/Board recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent to
(a) or (b) as above.

Provided that:-
i) For admission to Diploma Course in French, a candidate who has obtained B1 de l Alliance Francaise shall also be eligible.

Certificate Course in French

Duration 1 years
Seats 200 (20 NRI)
Fees Rs. 10,000/- approx. [2017-18]
Eligibility
(a) +2 exam of the Board of School Education, Punjab/Haryana or Central Board of Secondary Education, Delhi. Or
(b) An exam of another University/Board/Body recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent.

Diploma in French

Duration 1 years
Seats 50 (5 NRI)
Fees Rs. 10,000/- Approx. [2017-18]
Eligibility
(a) Certificate course in French.
(b) B. A. Part- I exam with French as an elective subject of Panjab University.
(c) An exam of another University/Board recognized by the Syndicate as equivalent to
(a) or (b) as above.
i) For admission to Diploma Course in French, a candidate who has obtained A2 de l Alliance franchise shall also be eligible.

M.A (French)

Duration 2 years
Seats 17(2 NRI)
Fees Rs. 11,000/- 1st year [2017-18]
Eligibility
(i) Bachelor degree with at least 45% marks in the subject of Postgraduate course, or 50% marks in the aggregate.
(ii) B.A. with Honors in the subject of the Postgraduate course or B.Sc. Hons School course.
(iii) Master degree exam in any other subject.

(i) For the M.A. in French, one who has bachelor degree under 10+2 +3 system of education and Advanced Diploma in French with at least 45% marks from Panjab University or any other university recognized by Panjab University shall also be eligible.
(ii) One who has Master degree in any other subject must have the knowledge of French equivalent to that of Graduation level/Advanced Diploma to be eligible to apply for M.A. in French.
(iii) One who has 50% marks in the aggregate in Bachelor degree must have the knowledge of French equivalent to that of Graduation level/
Advanced Diploma to be eligible to apply for M.A. in French

Contact Detail:
Panjab University, Chandigarh
Enquiry No(s): 1800-180-2065, +91 172 2534818, 2534866

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in