2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

15th December 2014, 02:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Form of 10th Class NTSE Exam

NTSE (National Talent Search Examination) is a national-level scholarship program in India to identify and recognize students with high intellect and academic talent.

It is one of the most prestigious exams in India. Close to 300,000 students in this scholarship exam every year, and 1,000 scholarships are awarded, out of which 775 are not reserved.

Only students studying in Class X are eligible to appear for the selection process. As it is organized by an official body (NCERT), it is widely regarded by the Government of India.

Selection Process:

Stage- I:
Selection will be done by States/UTs through a written examination

Stage-II:
Students, who qualify Stage-I, will be eligible to appear for Stage-II examination, conducted by NCERT.

Eligibility:
All students of Class X studying in recognized schools are eligible to appear for the Stage-I examination, conducted by the States/UTs, in which the schools are located

NTSE Important Dates of 2014:

Dates for submission of application form and conduct of examination are given below

Stage-I (State)
Last Date for Submission of Application Form: 31st August, 2014

Examination in Mizoram, Meghalaya, Nagaland and Andaman and Nicobar Islands: 01st November, 2014

Examination in All other States and Union Territories: 02nd November, 2014

Stage-II (National)
Examination in All States and Union Territories: 10th May, 2015 (Sunday)

NTSE Exam Pattern:

The examination will comprise of two parts:

Mental Ability Test (MAT) comprising 50 questions to be done in 45 minutes

Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) comprising Language Comprehensive Test (English Language) having 40 questions to be done 45 minutes and Aptitude Test covering 90 questions on Physics, Chemistry, Biology, Mathematics, History, Geography, Political Science and Economics of classes IX and X level to be done 90 minutes

Application Form of NTSE Exam:

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in