2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th May 2015, 10:18 AM
Unregistered

FDIC FCRA compliance

I am doing research about the Fair Credit Reporting Act so will you please provide me the information about the compliance with the Fair Credit Reporting Act? Also tell me from where I can download the manual of the Fair Credit Reporting Act? What are the rules and regulations of the Fair Credit Reporting Act? Give me the contact details of it?
Similar Threads
Thread
Scra fdic
FDIC Barclays Bank
Bank Of America FDIC Insurance Limit
PNC Bank FDIC
Jnu fcra
Bank Of America FDIC Number
Bank Of America FDIC
Barclays Bank Delaware FDIC
Regulatory compliance certification
FDIC Bank List
FDCPA and FCRA
Auditing SCRA Compliance
FDIC Press Release Century Bank
Institute Of Bankers Diploma In Compliance
FDIC Press Release Orion
FDIC Press Release Course
FDIC Bank Ratings List
4th April 2016, 09:57 AM
Unregistered

FDIC FCRA Compliance

Hello dude I want o know about the Fair Credit Reporting Act Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation please provide the information ??
4th April 2016, 09:58 AM
Super Moderator

Re: FDIC FCRA Compliance

The Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA) is title VI of the Consumer Credit Protection Act, which also includes other Federal statutes relating to consumer credit, such as the Truth in Lending Act (title I), the Equal Credit Opportunity Act (Title VII), and the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (title VIII).

Here is Introduction of the Fair Credit Reporting Act-

Official status- This Commentary contains interpretations of the Federal Trade Commission (Commission) of the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).

It is a guideline intended to clarify how the Commission will construe the FCRA in light of Congressional intent as reflected in the statute and its legislative history.

The Commentary does not have the force or effect of regulations or statutory provisions, and its contents can be revised and updated as the Commission considers necessary or appropriate.

Status of previous interpretations-

The Commentary primarily addresses issues discussed in the Commission's earlier formal interpretations of the FCRA (16 CFR 600.1--600.8), which are hereby superseded, in the staff's manual entitled "Compliance With the Fair Credit Reporting Act" (the current edition of which was published in May 1973, and revised in January 1977 and March 1979), and in informal staff opinion letters responding to public requests for interpretations, and it also reflects the results of the Commission's FCRA enforcement program.

It is intended to synthesize the Commission's views and give clear advice on important issues.

The Commentary sets forth some interpretations that differ from those previously expressed by the Commission or its staff, and is intended to supersede all prior formal Commission interpretations, informal staff opinion letters, and the staff manual cited above.

Statutory references. Reference to several different provisions of the FCRA is frequently required in order to make a complete analysis of an issue.

For various sections and subsections of the FCRA, the Commentary discusses the most significant and common overlapping references under the heading "Relation to other (sub) sections."

Commentary citations to FCRA-

The Commentary should be used in conjunction with the text of the statute.

In some cases, the Commentary includes an abbreviated description of the statute, rather than the full text, as a preamble to discussion of issues pertaining to different sections and subsections.

These summary statements of the law should not be used as a substitute for the statutory text.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in