2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Entrance Exams

22nd December 2015, 09:13 AM
Super Moderator

Re: FAQ for MBA admission

Frequently asked questions cover general topics regarding curriculum, teaching style, student life, and career support.

FAQ for MBA admission for MIT Sloan

General

1. What is the size of the program? How many students are in the class?

They have approximately 350 MBA students and 50 LGO students per class year. They currently do not have any plans to increase the class size.

First year students are divided into cohorts of approximately 60 students and take their core semester courses as a group.

2. How can I request a copy of the MIT Sloan MBA program brochure?
Please fill out information request form to receive a brochure, or download the MBA Viewbook.

3. Are there any programs that connect prospective applicants with current students?How can I contact a current student?

The Ambassadors Program which runs throughout the academic year,provides you with the opportunity to meet current students on-campus and to ask them many of the questions that you may have .

4. Do you accept transfer of credits into the program?
MIT does not accept transfer credits from other schools.

5. Do you offer any distance learning and/or part-time opportunities?
They do not offer part-time or on-line MBA opportunities. MBA program is full-time for two years and is on-campus only.

They do have an Executive MBA (EMBA) program that meets every 3rd Friday and Saturday for 20 months.

6. How many students are international?
They have a strong international presence, each year about 40% of the class comes from abroad. Their international alumni network is also very strong

7. Do I need work experience to apply?

No, work experience is not required for admission, although having work experience can help leverage the opportunities at MIT Sloan.

8. Is there any academic preparation or pre-requisites required prior to applying or enrolling?
The only pre-requisite is a Bachelor’s Degree. However, accepted applicants may be given a conditional acceptance and required to take a course(s) in microeconomics, calculus, or financial accounting prior to starting MBA studies.

9. Do I need an undergraduate degree in a specific major to apply?

They welcome applications from college graduates from all areas of concentration, including the humanities, the social and physical sciences, and engineering.

10. I already have an MBA. Am I eligible to apply?

Candidates with previous MBA degrees are eligible to apply. These candidates should, however, detail the reasons for their pursuit of a second MBA degree in the application.

11. Alternatively, if you hold an MBA degree or equivalent (such as a Master of Finance or Master of Economics) from a non-US institution, you may be eligible to apply to their one-year Master of Science in Management Studies (MSMS).

12. I already have an PhD. Am I eligible to apply?

Candidates with a PhD degree are eligible to apply. These candidates should, however, detail the reasons for their pursuit of an MBA degree in the application.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in