2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

9th September 2015, 11:56 AM
Super Moderator

Re: FAQ JEE Advanced

Hello friend, here I am giving you some Frequently Asked Questions of JEE Advanced, please have a look…….

Do I need to FREEZE seat for IITs-ISM in 3rd Round?

What are the documents required for seat acceptance at reporting centre for IITs-ISM ?

Do I need to pay any fee at the time of seat acceptance?

What are the meaning of the terms 'Freeze', 'Float' and 'Slide' ?

Admission

I passed Class XII in 2014 from Odisha but am not in the top 20 percentile. I am appearing for the class XII in all subjects from NIOS in 2015 (my board has no facility for improvement). If I remain in top 20 percentile, am I eligible for admission?

If the top 20 percentile is considered, then is it jointly for both Andhra Pradesh and Telangana, or is it separate?

I am from Jharkhand / GEN category. I got 300 out of 500 in the Class XII examination in 2014 (60%). The top 20 percentile cut-off marks was 285. Since my aggregate marks is less than 75%, do I have to reappear for Class XII again in 2015?

I passed Class XII examination in 2014 with 76%. I did not satisfy the top 20 percentile cut-off of 2014. Is the 75% aggregate marks criterion applicable for last year (2014) students OR only for 2015 students?

Registration
Who is NOT eligible for appearing in JEE (Advanced) 2015 or joining IITs-ISM?

Are Jats OBC or not?

Examination
My score in the 10+2 board of my state (Telangana) is 88.7% while the cut-off for the 20 percentile was 92%. To appear for the JEE (Advanced) 2015, do I need to re-appear for the 10+2 boards of 2015?

I got 80% marks in 2014 Class XII examination. Am I eligible to appear for JEE (Advanced) Examination in 2015 with the aforesaid marks?

General
SETS of eligibility criteria
Eligibility criteria for PIO/ OCI card holders

Does a candidate need to come physically to any one of the seven zonal IITs to select FREEZE option for an IIT seat in 3rd round?

After a seat is provisionally allotted, what are the documents required for seat acceptance at reporting centre for IITs-ISM ?

Do I need to pay any fee at the time of seat acceptance?

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in