2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

3rd August 2014, 08:45 AM
Super Moderator

Re: F.Y.B.Com Business Economic Solved Paper

Here I am giving you pattern for question paper for first year B com business economics exam of Mumbai university below :

F.Y.B.COM. -: BUSINESS ECONOMICS - PAPER I
Internal and External Examination for Semesters I and II
Internal Examination
The Internal Examination will be for 40 marks and is split into –
i) Test Paper of 20 marks , consisting of questions of objective type and case studies.
ii) 10 marks for project or assignment and
iii) 5 marks each for responsible behavior and active class participation
External Examination
Question Paper Pattern for Semester End Examination.
There will be four questions in all. All the questions are COMPULSORY and will have
internal choice. (Total 60 marks).
Q1. Module I (Total marks 14)
Three questions: A OR B OR C. Attempt any two – (7 marks each)
Q2. Module II (Total marks 14)
Q3. Module III (Total marks 14)
Q4. Write explanatory notes: (Total 18 Marks)
Six explanatory notes: Two from each module. Attempt Any Three – (6 marks each)

Attached Files
File Type: pdf F.Y.B.Com Business Economic Paper.pdf (293.5 KB, 1577 views)
14th April 2015, 04:56 PM
Unregistered

F.Y.B.Com Business Economic Solved Paper

I am satish doing B.com from delhi university. Here I am searching here question paper for first 1 year B com business Economic so please provide me 1 year B com business Economic Solved Question Paper & syllabus
23rd November 2019, 09:14 AM
Unregistered

Can you provide me the B. Com. Semester I - Business Economics I – Syllabus of School of Liberal Studies of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University?
23rd November 2019, 09:16 AM
Super Moderator

The B. Com. Semester I - Business Economics I – Syllabus of School of Liberal Studies of Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University is as follows:

B. Com. Semester I

Business Economics I - Syllabus

Unit I Exploring the subject matter of economics

Why study economics? The scope and method of economics; scarcity and choice; questions of what, how and for whom to produce and how to distribute output; the basic competitive model; prices, property rights and profits; incentives and information; rationing; opportunity sets; economic systems; reading and working with graphs.

Unit II Supply and Demand:

How Markets Work, Markets and Welfare Individual demand and supply schedules and the derivation of market demand and supply; shifts in demand and supply curves; the role prices in resource allocation; the concept of elasticity and its application; consumer and producer surplus; taxes and their efficiency costs

Unit III Households

The consumption decision: preferences and their representation with indifference curves; budget constraints; a consumer’s optimum choice; income and substitution effects; labour supply and savings decisions.

Unit IV Firms and Perfect

Market Structure Behaviour of profit maximizing firms and the production process; short-run costs and output decisions; costs and output in the long run

Unit V Imperfect Market

Structure Monopoly and anti-trust policy; government policies towards competition; imperfect competition

Unit VI Input Markets

Labour and land markets; concepts of derived demand, input productivity and marginal revenue product and input demand curves; competitive input markets and public policy.

Unit VII Consumer
Theory Preference; utility; budget constraint; choice; demand; Slutsky equation; buying and selling; choice under risk and intertemporal choice; revealed preference

Unit VIII Production, Costs and Perfect Competition

Technology; isoquants; production with one and more variable inputs; returns to scale; short run and long run costs; cost curves in the short run and long run; review of perfect competition.

Books Recommended:
1. Hal R. Varian, Intermediate Microeconomics: A Modern Approach, W.W. Norton and
Company/Affiliated East-West Press (India), The workbook by Varian and Bergstrom may be used for problems.
2. C. Snyder and W. Nicholson, Fundamentals of Microeconomics, Cengage Learning (India)
3. B. Douglas Bernheim and Michael D. Whinston, Microeconomics, Tata McGraw-Hill (India)

B. Com. Sem I - Business Economics I – Syllabus Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in