2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

20th June 2015, 08:55 AM
Unregistered

Evaluate the argument LSAT

I am doing preparation for the Law School Admission Test. so I want to learn how to attack the LSAT's Evaluate the Argument question type? Please provide me some tips for the attempt the Evaluate the Argument question type of Law School Admission Test?
Similar Threads
Thread
LSAT Cut Off
Lsat bc
Jmu lsat
NYU Law LSAT
Lsat iu
Argument Essay GMAT
Evaluate IELTS Band Score
LSAT Given
Jd mba lsat
Argument Essay Topics For High School
Tjsl lsat tls lsat
Essay Argument
Lsat va
LSAT Changes
LSAT Test Ohio LSAT Oil
Everything I Need To Know About The LSAT
Lsat ku
Evaluate My GRE Profile
HKU Law LSAT
Lsat nb
13th August 2018, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

Re: Evaluate the argument LSAT

Hii sir, I Am Preparing for the LSAT Entrance Exam Will you Please Provide me the Required Skill to Solve the LSAT Questions
13th August 2018, 01:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Evaluate the argument LSAT

Arguments are a fundamental part of the law, and analyzing arguments is a key element of legal analysis. Training in the law builds on a foundation of basic reasoning skills. Law students must draw on the skills of analyzing, evaluating, constructing, and refuting arguments. They need to be able to identify what information is relevant to an issue or argument and what impact further evidence might have

These arguments mirror legal reasoning in the types of arguments presented and in their complexity, though few of the arguments actually have law as a subject matter.

Each Logical Reasoning question requires you to read and comprehend a short passage, then answer one question (or, rarely, two questions) about it. T

he questions are designed to assess a wide range of skills involved in thinking critically, with an emphasis on skills that are central to legal reasoning.

These skills include:

Recognizing the parts of an argument and their relationships
Recognizing similarities and differences between patterns of reasoning
Drawing well-supported conclusions
Reasoning by analogy
Recognizing misunderstandings or points of disagreement
Determining how additional evidence affects an argument
Detecting assumptions made by particular arguments
Identifying and applying principles or rules
Identifying flaws in arguments
Identifying explanations

Sample Question

The sample questions on the following pages are typical of the Logical Reasoning questions you will find on the LSAT.

Directions:

The questions in this section are based on the reasoning contained in brief statements or passages. For some questions, more than one of the choices could conceivably answer the question. However, you are to choose the best answer; that is, the response that most accurately and completely answers the question. You should not make assumptions that are by commonsense standards implausible, superfluous, or incompatible with the passage. After you have chosen the best answer, blacken the corresponding space on your answer sheet.

Question 1
Laird: Pure research provides us with new technologies that contribute to saving lives. Even more worthwhile than this, however, is its role in expanding our knowledge and providing new, unexplored ideas.

Kim: Your priorities are mistaken. Saving lives is what counts most of all. Without pure research, medicine would not be as advanced as it is.

Laird and Kim disagree on whether pure research

derives its significance in part from its providing new technologies
expands the boundaries of our knowledge of medicine
should have the saving of human lives as an important goal
has its most valuable achievements in medical applications
has any value apart from its role in providing new technologies to save live

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in