2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th February 2016, 03:50 PM
Unregistered

Essay Writing format

Hello sir, I am Nakul Nuwal. I am from Texas. I want you to help me by providing me with the tips to write an academic essay. Can you help me by providing me some information about the Essay Writing format?
Similar Threads
Thread
Essay Writing UPCAT
Essay writing topics for MBA
IIFT Essay Writing Topics
Essay Writing For IBPS PO
NUJS Essay Writing Competition
UPSC Essay Writing
Essay Writing Practice
IIFT Essay Writing Tips
Essay Writing Topics
Format of essay writing
Practice Essay Writing
Essay Writing Topics for MBA
Essay Writing in SBI PO Exam
Writing An Analysis Essay
MBA Essay Writing
GRE Essay Writing
MBA essay writing
IBPS Essay Writing
IBPS PO Essay Writing
Help Writing College Entrance Essay
26th February 2016, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Essay Writing format

As you have asked about the essay writing format, I am giving you some tips to write an essay, check below for the information

Writing an academic essay means fashioning a coherent set of ideas into an argument. Because essays are essentially linear—they offer one idea at a time—they must present their ideas in the order that makes most sense to a reader. Successfully structuring an essay means attending to a reader's logic.

The focus of such an essay predicts its structure. It dictates the information readers need to know and the order in which they need to receive it. Thus your essay's structure is necessarily unique to the main claim you're making. Although there are guidelines for constructing certain classic essay types (e.g., comparative analysis), there are no set formula.

A good way to approach an essay is to envision it as a Five Part project. An essay is made up of the Introduction, Three main points (the body), and the Conclusion. So it looks like this:

I. Introduction
II. Point One
III. Point Two
IV. Point Three
V. Conclusion

Of course depending on the length and breadth of your paper you may have more than three main points. However by using this structure it will make envisioning your paper easier.

A typical essay contains many different kinds of information, often located in specialized parts or sections. Even short essays perform several different operations: introducing the argument, analyzing data, raising counterarguments, concluding.
Introductions and conclusions have fixed places, but other parts don't

Mapping an Essay

Structuring your essay according to a reader's logic means examining your thesis and anticipating what a reader needs to know, and in what sequence, in order to grasp and be convinced by your argument as it unfolds.

Signs of Trouble

A common structural flaw in college essays is the "walk-through" (also labeled "summary" or "description"). Walk-through essays follow the structure of their sources rather than establishing their own.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in