2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

1st December 2014, 03:52 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Entrance exam procedure for Non Karnataka candidates through PGCET

There are no special criteria for non Karnataka candidates for Karnataka PGCET.

The Karnataka Post Graduate Common Entrance Test is being conducted for the purpose of determining the eligibility/merit, for admission of Karnataka and Non-Karnataka candidates to the First year or First semester of

M.E
M.Tech
M.Arch

Eligibility:
50% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages of all the years.

45% marks taken together in all the subjects including languages of all the years in case of SC, ST and Category – I candidates.

Karnataka PGCET Notification

For detailed info here is attachment.................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Karnataka PGCET Notification.pdf (199.0 KB, 100 views)
22nd May 2015, 09:38 AM
Unregistered

Hi I want to do M.Tech in Karnataka and I am the Non Karnataka candidate so can I eligible to apply for PGCET exam of Karnataka?
22nd May 2015, 09:39 AM
Super Moderator

Karnataka PGCET is the entrance exam for the PG Engineering Admissions in the state of Karnataka. GATE qualified candidates need not appear for Karnataka PGCET.

You are Non Karnataka candidate so apply for GATE exam and then take admission in M.Tech in Karnataka

Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering GATE is conducted on all India basis jointly by Indian Institute of Science (IIS) and Indian Institutes of Technology (IIT’s) on behalf of the National Coordination Board - GATE, Department of Higher Education, Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD), Government of India (GOI) for admission to undergraduate subjects in Engineering/Technology/Architecture and postgraduate level subjects in Science.

GATE Exam Eligibility

Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2)

Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent

Final year students can also apply.

Candidates in the second or higher year of the Four-year Integrated Master degree programme (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology or in the third or higher year of Five-year Integrated Master degree programme and Dual Degree programme in Engineering/ Technology

GATE Exam Syllabus

Gate 2015 syllabus consists of:

General Aptitude (GA) component common in all papers

Verbal Ability: English grammar, sentence completion, verbal analogies, word groups, instructions, critical reasoning.

Engineering:- Question will be from the relevant subject of the trade.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in