2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

26th November 2014, 10:25 AM
Super Moderator

Re: English Books for Bank Exams

The names of good books to refer to preparation for English subject for Bank Exams as you want to prepare for the exam are as follows:

Bank PO English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 - Till Date (4565+ Objective Questions Of Nationalised Banks,Gramin Bank,IBPS PO/MT/SO,RRBs Officer,SBI,RBI Grade B & Insurance AAO , AO)

Comprehensive Guide to IBPS - CWE Bank PO (English) 3rd Edition

Target IBPS-CWE Bank PO/ MT Practice Workbook: 15 Objective Tests on Latest Pattern (With CD) (English)

The Complete Success Package Bank PO Recruitment Exam PB (English) 6th Edition

Solved Papers Bank PO Exam (English) 6th Edition

18th May 2015, 08:46 AM
Unregistered

I want to crack Bank entrance Exam . Will you please suggest some books for English Exam preparation ?
18th May 2015, 08:48 AM
Super Moderator

As you are looking for the books for English Exam preparation of Bank entrance Exam , here I am providing few of them for your idea .

Objective English 4 Edition Thorpe

In Bank entrance Exam , questions for the English subject asks from following topics.

• Verb
• Adverb
• Comprehension
• Answering questions based on Unseen Passages
• Vocabulary
• Synonyms
• Antonyms
• Subject Verb Agreement
• Error Correction
• Tenses
• Sentence Rearrangement
• Fill in the Blanks with Modals, Articles etc

For your idea , here I am providing the list of few SBI PO English Language sample questions .

Directions For Questions 1,2,3: Pick out the most appropriate word from amongst the words given below each sentence to complete it meaningfully.

Q.1. He quickly glanced .............................. the book to find what it said about the Indian economy.
(1) at (2) through (3) in (4) to (5) over

Q.2. The counsel urged the court to ........................... down the obnoxious law.
(1) enact (2) enforce (3) cancel (4) strike (5) declare

Q.3. The local official ........................... the Minister of the situation.
(1) explained (2) warned (3) apprised (4) told (5) intimated

Directions For Questions 4,5,6: Read each sentence to find out whether there is any grammatical error in it. The error, if any, will be in one part of the sentence. The number of that part of the sentence is your answer. If there is no error, the answer is (5).

Q.4. I am twenty / two years old / when I first / joined the bank. No error
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Q.5. To the Hindus / the Ganga is / holier than / any other river. No error
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Q.6. Of all the teachers / in our school / our class teacher / were very strict. No error
(1) (2) (3) (4) (5)

Directions For Questions 7,8,9: In each of the following questions, select from amongst the five alternatives, the word nearest in meaning to the word given in capitals.

Q.7. LETHAL
(1) light (2) dangerous (3) deadly (4) cruel (5) thoughtless

Q.8. CENTENARY
(1) a guard (2) a hundred years (3) a very old man (4) hundred runs (5) hundredth anniversary

Q.9. TRIUMPH
(1) conquer (2) smash (3) earn (4) brave (5) capture

Directions For Questions 10,11,12: In each of the following questions, select from amongst the five alternatives, the word most opposite in meaning of the word given in capitals.

Q.10. LIVELY
(1) simple (2) weak (3) dull (4) angry (5) moron

Q.11. INADVERTENT
(1) adequate (2) available (3) sluggish (4) negligent (5) intentional

Q.12. INEPT
(1) accurate (2) skilful (3) sensible (4) artistic (5) apt

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in