2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2016, 01:51 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Engineering Services Examination

Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) conducts Engineering Services Examination as a consolidated focused examination for enrollment to the administrations or posts of Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, and Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering.

The exam is led for determination engineers for Government of India's building associations, for example, Indian Railway Service of Engineers (IRSE), Central Engineering Service (CES), Military Engineering Services (MES), and so on.

UPSC ESE/IES 2016

Essential Dates

Date of Notification: 27 February, 2016

Last Date to Apply: 25 March, 2016

Date of Exam: 27 May, 2016 (3 days exam)

Qualification

Age Eligibility: You should be between 21 years to 30 years as on first January of the exam year. Age relaxations exist according to the administration rules.

Scholastic Qualification Eligibility: You should be a graduate in Engineering from a perceived college. Last year understudies can likewise show up in IES exam.

Exam Pattern

The composed exam contains 2 areas. Area I comprises of just target sort inquiries and segment II contains customary papers. Both the papers spread whole syllabus of the applicable building disciplines. In the event that you qualify the composed examination, identity test of 200 imprints is directed.

Section/Paper Duration Maximum Marks

Section I (Objective)
General Ability Test 2 Hours 200
Engineering Paper I 2 Hours 200
Engineering Paper II 2 Hours 200

Section II (Conventional)
Engineering Paper I 3 Hours 200
Engineering Paper II 3 Hours 200

Exam Syllabus
• General Ability Test Syllabus
• Category I: Civil Engineering
• Category II: Mechanical Engineering