2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

2nd December 2015, 05:19 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Engineering Aptitude Test

The Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering (GATE) is an all-India examination that primarily tests the comprehensive understanding of various undergraduate subjects in engineering and science.

Eligibility to take GATE

The following are eligible to take GATE:

• Bachelor degree holders in Engineering/ Technology/ Architecture (4 years after 10+2/ Post-B.Sc./ Post-Diploma) and those who are in the final year of such programs.

• Master degree holders in any branch of Science/ Mathematics/ Statistics/ Computer Applications or equivalent and those who are in the final year of such programs.

• Candidates in the second or higher year of Four-year integrated master degree programs (Post-B.Sc.) in Engineering/ Technology.

• Candidates in the fourth or higher year of Five-year integrated master degree programs or Dual Degree programs in Engineering/Technology.

• Candidates with qualifications obtained through exams conducted by professional societies recognized by UPSC/AICTE (e.g. AMIE by iE(i), AMICE(i) by the institute of Civil Engineers (India)-iCE(i)) as equivalent to B.E./B.Tech.

Important Dates 2016

GATE Online Application Processing System (GOAPS) Website Opens for Enrollment, Application Filling, Application Submission
September 1, 2015 (Tuesday)

Last Date for Submission of Online Application through Website
October 8, 2015 (Thursday)

Last Date for Request for Change in the Choice of Examination City via GOAPS login November 20, 2015 (Friday)

Availability of Admit Card on the Online Application Interface for printing
December 17, 2015 (Thursday)

GATE 2016 Online Examination
Forenoon: 9.00 AM to 12.00 Noon
Afternoon: 2.00 PM to 5.00 PM
(On Saturdays and Sundays only)
January 30 to February 07, 2016

Announcement of Results on the Online Application Website
March 19, 2016 (Saturday)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in