2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th April 2016, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Embedded Systems IIT Kharagpur

The details of the Lesson 3 - Embedded Systems - Components Part I of Embedded Systems of IIT (Indian Institute of Technology) Kharagpur as offered by National Programme on Technology Enhanced Learning (NPTEL) are as follows:

Introduction

The various components of an Embedded System can be hierarchically grouped as System Level Components to Transistor Level Components. A system (subsystem) component is different than what is considered a "standard" electronic component. Standard components are the familiar active devices such as integrated circuits, microprocessors, memory, diodes, transistors, etc. along with passives such as resistors, capacitors, and inductors. These are the basic elements needed to mount on a circuit board for a customized, application-specific design.

A system component on the other hand, has active and passive components mounted on circuit boards that are configured for a specific task. (Fig. 3.1) System components can be either single- or multi-function modules that serve as highly integrated building blocks of a system. A system component can be as simple as a digital I/O board or as complex as a computer with video, memory, networking, and I/O all on a single board. System components support industry standards and are available from multiple sources worldwide.

Lesson 3 - Embedded Systems - Components Part I

more detail attached in a pdf file;
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Lesson 3 - Embedded Systems - Components Part I.pdf (287.1 KB, 123 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in