2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

29th October 2014, 02:39 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility for SET Exam

I am here telling you about the eligibility of for appearing in the Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET) exam from which you can get idea that you are eligible for the exam or not.

Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET) exam eligibility :

Applicant must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

Applicant must secured minimum 55% marks (without grace)(GC) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination.

SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured minimum 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination.

Applicant who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR candidates whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test.
These candidates must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.

M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination.

Applicant who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grac) are also eligible to appear for SET exam.

Age limit :no upper age limit.

Applicant who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.

So you are not eligible for the SET exam as the you are giving the M.com 1year exam , you can appear in SET exam when you are appearing in M.com 2nd year exam or you complete your M.com degree course.
20th March 2015, 11:01 AM
Unregistered

I want to appear in State Eligibility Test for Lectureship . Will you please provide the information regarding the eligibility criteria required to appear in SET Exam ?
20th March 2015, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator

SET stands for State Eligibility Test, is an aptitude test for those students who wish to join the teaching field.

SET is held in twice in a year i.e. in the month June and another in December.

The exam is conducted in every Indian state under the guidance of University Grants Commission.

Eligibility:-

Age Limit:- There is no upper age limit.

Qualification:-

Applicants must have obtained a Master's Degree or P.G. Diploma from an institution recognized by U.G.C ( Applicants other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks

VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category candidates who have secured atleast 50% marksin Master's or equivalent examination are eligible for this test)

Applicants who have appeared or will be appearing at the qualifying Master”s degree (final year) examination are also eligible .

Paper Pattern

There will be three papers i.e. Paper I, Paper II and Paper III.

In Paper I, there will be 60 multiple choice questions

The questions in different areas like reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.

Paper II will have 50 multiple choice based questions based on the subject selected by the candidate.

Paper III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate.

Each question will carry two marks.

SET Exam Paper

For your idea , here I am giving attachment of question paper.......................
Attached Files
File Type: pdf SET Exam Paper.pdf (87.4 KB, 291 views)

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in