2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

10th December 2014, 12:53 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility Required to Become Chartered Accountant

The minimum eligibility required to become a Chartered Accountant is a pass in 10+2 from a recognised board.

Three followings stages during Chartered Accountancy course
Foundation course
Intermediate
Final CA course

Application Procedure
Aspirants have to appear in the the Common Proficiency Test (CPT).
The registration has to be done 60 days prior to appearing for the exam.

On successful completion of the +2 exam and the CPT, candidates are eligible to register for the IPCC.

Applicants have the option of choosing Group I and/or Group II.

A nine month of course study is required.

It covers areas like office procedure, personality development, general commercial knowledge, communication skills, business environment etc.

The orientation course is for one week with thirty five hour credit.

After the orientation course,applicants have to gain competence in information technology.

Hundred hours of ITT has to be completed by the applicants , followed by articleship training.

On completing the nine month foundation course study, applicants are required to appear for the Group I and/or Group II examinations.

Group I has four papers while Group II has three papers.

Graduates with 50 per cent marks in subjects (Auditing and Commercial, Accounting, or Mercantile Law) and graduates in other disciplines with 55 per cent marks can directly register for the IPPC course without appearing for the foundation course.

This is the Integrated Professional Competence test commonly known as the intermediate examination.

On passing both the groups or Group I alone of IPCE, applicants can register as Articled Assistant for a three year period.

During the last 12 months of articled training, Aspirants will have to undergo a 15 day course on General Management and Communication Skills

GMCS can also be done after taking the final examination.

On acquiring the ICAI membership, Aspirants will be designated as Chartered Accountant.
15th March 2016, 10:25 AM
Unregistered

Sir I want to know that what is the eligibility required to become Chartered Accountant at present I am in the class 12th so can you tell me the same
15th March 2016, 10:26 AM
Super Moderator

Chartered accountants work in all fields of business and finance, including audit, taxation, financial and general management.

Eligibility Required to Become Chartered Accountant

You should be at least 12th passes from recognised board

Students appearing for the 12th board can also apply

Stages to become charted accountant

A student who has passed Common Proficiency Test (CPT) and Senior Secondary Examination (10+2 examination) conducted by an examining body constituted by law in India or an examination

You should have secured in aggregate a minimum of 55% of the total or its equivalent by studying any three papers of 100 marks

After that you have to clear the Intermediate (IPC) Course on passing the Common Proficiency Test

CA Final Examination is the last and final level of Chartered Accountancy Examinations. It is considered as one of the toughest exam in the world

Any person who has passed both the groups of IPCC, during the last six months of articleship can take the Final Examination. This exam consists of two groups of four subjects each.

Group I:

Paper 1 : Financial Reporting,
Paper 2 : Strategic Financial Management,
Paper 3 : Advanced Auditing and Professional Ethics,
Paper 4 : Corporate and Allied Laws,
Group II:

Paper 5 : Advanced Management Accounting,
Paper 6 : Information Systems Control and Audit,
Paper 7 : Direct Tax Laws
Paper 8 : Indirect Tax Laws.

So best of luck! And fell free to contact if you need more info

Quick Reply