2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

21st October 2014, 10:08 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility Criteria for SET Exam

You want to appear for SET exam so I want tell you that it’s a State Eligibility Test for Lectureship, its an an aptitude test for those students who wish to join the teaching field.

I am giving you eligibility of this exam:
Age Limit:
There is no upper age limit.

Qualification:
Applicants must have Master's Degree or P.G. Diploma from an institution recognized by U.G.C.
Applicants who have secured atleast 55% marks in Master's or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test.

SC/ST/PH/VH category applicants who have secured 50% marks in Master's or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.

SET Syllabus
There will be three papers for SET exam, where Paper I is intended to judge the candidates’ abilities in different areas like reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness. Syllabus for the Paper I is given below:

Teaching Aptitude, Research Aptitude, Reading Comprehensions, Communication, Reasoning (including Mathematical), Logical Reasoning, Data Interpretation, Information and Communication Technology, People Environment, Higher Education System: Governance, Polity and Administration.

Paper II and Paper III will be the subjects selected by the candidates. Candidates can choose from an extensive list of subjects covering Marathi, English, Hindi, Sanskrit, History, Economics, Philosophy, Psychology, Sociology, Political Science, Defense and Strategic Studies, Home Science, Library & Information Science, Journalism & Mass Communication, Social Work, Public Administration, Mathematical Sciences, Environmental Sciences, Physical, Chemical Sciences, Life Sciences, Earth Sciences, Geography, Computer Science & Applications, Electronic Science, Commerce, Management, Law, Education and Physical Education.

Paper Pattern

There will be three papers
Paper I
Paper II
Paper III

In Paper I, there will be 60 multiple choice questions of which candidates have to answer any 50 questions. The questions will be of basics nature, intended to judge the candidates’ abilities in different areas like reasoning ability, comprehension, divergent thinking and general awareness.
Paper II will have 50 multiple choice based questions based on the subject selected by the candidate. Paper III will consist of 75 objective type compulsory questions from the subject selected by the candidate. Each question will carry two marks.
31st December 2015, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

Hi I would like to appear for the SET examination & like to know if I am eligible or not can you please give me the eligibility details of the SET examination?
31st December 2015, 12:18 PM
Super Moderator

Maharashtra State Eligibility Test for Lectureship (SET) is as mentioned below:

a) The aspirants must have Master's Degree from an institution recognized by U.G.C.

b) The aspirants other than SC/ST category who have secured atleast 55% marks (without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination, are eligible for this test. SC/ST/PH/VH (PH-Physically Handicapped. VH-Visually Handicapped i.e. Blind) category aspirants who have secured atleast 50% marks(without grace) in Master's Degree or equivalent examination are eligible for this test.

c) Those aspirants who have secured even 54.99% marks or below (even 49.99% Marks or below for SC/ST/PH/VH aspirants) in Master's Degree examination are NOT eligible for this test.

d) aspirants who have appeared OR will be appearing at the qualifying master's degree examination and whose result is still awaited OR aspirants whose examinations have been delayed may also apply for this Test. However, such aspirants will be admitted provisionally and shall be considered eligible to apply for Lectureship only after they have passed their Master's Degree examination or equivalent examination with atleast 55% marks (50% in case of SC/ST/PH/VH category aspirants) These aspirants must submit their P.G. Marksheet within two years from the date of declaration of result of the SET examination.

e) Those aspirants who are studying in the first year of two years course or in first two semesters of a four semester’s course of Master's Degree cannot appear for this test.

f) M.C.M. students are not allowed to appear for SET Examination.

g) Aspirants who have completed Ph.D. and had passed Master's Degree prior to 19th September, 1991 with at least 50% marks (without grace marks as explained above) are also eligible to appear for SET examination.

h) Aspirants have to appear for SET in the subject of their Post Graduation only.

i) Aspirants should note that their candidature is provisional. Their candidature will be deemed final upon verification of eligibility condition with reference to the documents enclosed with their application or as may be called for.

j) There is no upper age limit.

j) The aspirants who have passed M.Sc.( by Research) are not eligible to appear for the SET Exam. As per the U.G.C. Rules.

l) The SET agency will not issue any marksheet to qualified/not-qualified aspirant. Also no revaluations of papers are allowed for SET Examination. The SET agency will issue certificate to qualifying aspirants only.

EXEMPTION (ELIGIBILITY FOR ASSISTANT PROFESOR)

Exemption from MH-SET will be as per decisions taken by the University Grants Commission and State Government from time to time.

Tags
age limit

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in