2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

18th August 2014, 04:24 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility criteria for the position of Clerk in a Bank

As you want to get the eligibility criteria for the position of Clerk in a Bank so here it is for you:

Here for your reference I am giving you the eligibility criteria of bank clerk jobs:

Nationality/Citizenship:
The candidates must be either a
(i) Citizen of India or
(ii) a subject of Nepal or
(iii) a subject of Bhutan or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962 with the intention of permanently settling in India or
(v) a person of Indian origin who has migrated from Pakistan, Burma, Sri Lanka, East African countries of Kenya, Uganda, the United Republic of Tanzania

Age limit:
Candidates must be in between the age of 20 to 28 years

Relaxation of Upper age limit:

Educational qualification:
Candidates must have passed graduation in any discipline from a recognized University or any equivalent qualification recognized as such by the Central Government.

Reference books:

The Accredited Guide to Data Interpretation and Data Sufficiency: A Must have Resource for Aspirants of CAT, MAT, XAT, IIFT, CSAT, Bank PO, Bank Clerk, SSC etc (English) (Paperback) by Ananta Ashisha

Objective General Knowlegde & Current Affairs (Level 1) : Useful for UPSC / State PCS / Bank Clerk / PO / SSC / CDS / NDA / Railways / Armed Forces / DSSSB / MBA (English) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts

Guide to Banking General Awareness and Banking Aptitude Test (English) (Paperback) by RPH Editorial Board

20 Practice Sets IBPS CWE PO/MT Online Exam (Code J259) PB (English) 5th Edition (Paperback) by V. S. Srivastava

Comprehensive Guide to IBPS - CWE Bank PO (English) 3rd Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts

Bank PO Quantitative Aptitude Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 - Till Date (3940+ Objective Questions Of Nationalised Banks,Gramin Bank,IBPS PO/MT/SO,RRBs Officer,SBI,RBI Grade B & Insurance AAO , AO) (Paperback) by Kiran Prakashan

Objective General Knowlegde & Current Affairs (Level 2) : Useful for UPSC / State PCS / CSAT / Bank PO / NDA / CDS / MBA (English) 1st Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts

101 Speed Tests for IBPS-CWE Bank PO / MT Exam (English) (Paperback) by Disha Experts

Solved Papers Probationary Officers Exam PB (English) 6th Edition (Paperback) by Arihant Experts

Bank PO English Language Chapterwise Solved Papers 1999 - Till Date (4265+ Objective Questions Of Nationalised Banks,Gramin Bank,IBPS PO/MT/SO,RRBs Officer,SBI,RBI Grade B & Insurance AAO , AO) (Paperback) by Kiran Prakashan

Comprehensive Guide to IBPS-CWE Bank PO 2/e (English) 2nd Edition (Paperback) by Disha Experts

Contact Details:
Indian Institute of Banking and Finance
191-F, 19th Floor,
Maker Tower 'F',
Chamundeshwari Nagar,
Cuffe Parade,
Mumbai,
Maharashtra 400005 ‎
022 2218 3302 ‎
India

Map Location:

[MAP]https://www.google.co.in/maps?q=Indian+Institute+Of+Banking+%26+Finance,+Ch amundeshwari+Nagar,+Cuffe+Parade,+Mumbai,+Maharash tra&hl=en&ll=18.91804,72.81734&spn=0.011063,0.0184 75&sll=20.849067,85.109024&sspn=0.010929,0.018475& oq=Indian+Institute+of+Banking+%26+Finance&hq=Indi an+Institute+Of+Banking+%26+Finance,+Chamundeshwar i+Nagar,+Cuffe+Parade,+Mumbai,+Maharashtra&t=m&z=1 6&iwloc=A[/MAP]
9th November 2015, 03:57 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I am appearing of the exam of Clerk in a Bank so please give me information about the Eligibility criteria for the position of Clerk?
9th November 2015, 03:58 PM
Super Moderator

As you want to information about the Eligibility criteria for the position of Clerk here is the detailed information about the same

I. Nationality/Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962

IBPS CWE (Clerks) for PSBs
Age Limit20-28 Years
Educational Qualifications - Degree in any discipline from a recognised university or any equivalent qualification

IBPS CWE (Office Assistants) for RRBs
Age Limit - 18-28 Years
Educational Qualifications - Degree in any discipline from a recognised university or its equivalent. Proficiency in local language is mandatory

SBI/SBI Associate Banks Clerks
Age Limit - 20-28 Years
Educational Qualifications - Degree in any discipline from a recorgnised university or any equivalent qualification

Relaxation of Upper age limit:
1 Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Tribe - 5 years
2 Other Backward Classes - 3 years
3 Persons With Disability - 10 years
4 Ex-Servicemen/Disabled Ex-Servicemen actual period of service rendered in the defence forces + 3 years subject to a maximum age limit of 50 years
5 Widows Divorced women and women legally separated from their husbands who have not remarried 9 years
6 Persons ordinarily domiciled in the Kashmir Division of the State of Jammu & Kashmir during the period 1-1-80 to 31-12-89 5 years
7 Persons affected by 1984 riots 5 years
8 Regular employees of the Union Carbide Factory, Bhopal retrenched from service (Applicable to Madhya Pradesh state only) 5 years

I. Nationality/Citizenship:
A candidate must be either -
(i) a Citizen of India or
(iv) a Tibetan Refugee who came over to India before 1st January 1962

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in