2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

5th August 2014, 11:42 AM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility to Become a Airport Custom Officer

Airport Customs Officer Post is comes under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service. It is organizes by union public service commission ..

To become a custom officer you need to crack civil services examination which is conducted by the Union Public Service Commission.

Eligibility:
You have to passed graduation from any well recognized university of India
The candidate must be between 21-30 years of age.

You should be an Indian citizen.
Candidate must be between 21-30 years of age

The Civil Services Examination will contains:
(i) Civil Service Aptitude Test (CSAT)
(ii) Civil Services Main Examination
(iii) Personality Test

Exam pattern:
Scheme of CS (Preliminary) Examination
The Preliminary Examination consists of two papers of objective type (multiple-choice questions) carrying a maximum of 400 marks.
General Studies Paper - I 200 Marks
General Studies Paper - II 200 Marks

Scheme - CS (Main)

Paper-I
One of the Indian Languages to be selected by the candidate from the 18 languages included in the VIIIth Schedule to the Constitution (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks
Paper-II English (Qualifying Paper) 300 Marks
Paper-III Essay 200 Marks
Papers IV & V General Studies (300 Marks for each paper) 600 Marks
Papers VI, VII, VIII & IX
Any two subjects (each having 2 papers) to be selected from the prescribed optional subjects (300 marks for each paper) 1200 Marks
Total Marks for Written Examination 2000 Marks
Interview Test 300 Marks
Grand Total 2300 Marks
22nd March 2015, 09:01 AM
Unregistered

Can you tell me about the eligibility required to become Airport Custom Officer in India as I want to make a career in this field?
22nd March 2015, 09:01 AM
Super Moderator

Airport Customs Officer falls under ‘Group A’ or ‘Class 1’ Officers in Indian Administrative Service. Selection is carried out through Civil Services Examination (CSAT). Graduation in any stream from a recognized educational institution is required for the post.

Eligibility Requirement to become Airport Customs Officer

Aspirants who have completed bachelor degree from a recognized institute are eligible to apply for the post.

The qualifying degree must be obtained in any stream with minimum 55% marks.

Those who have completed 21 years of age are only eligible to apply for the post of Customs Officer.

Upper age limit of the applicant is 30 years.

Candidates belonging to backward category can expect relaxation in age.

Selection Procedure of Airport Customs Officer

Selection of ‘Group A’ Officers in Customs department is carried out through CSAT exam. The exam is carried out by UPSC.

Application for the exam is forwarded through the official website of UPSC through online mode. One must pay a fee of Rs. 50/-.

Candidate need to mention one’s preferred area (like IAS, Revenue Service, etc) under Civil service at the time of application submission.

There is separate column for the same in the application form. Therefore, those who wish to become Customs Officer must mention Indian Customs and Central Excise Service (IC&CES), as the most preferred choice.

CSAT Exam is conducted in two stages, preliminary and mains.
There will be two compulsory papers for preliminary exam.
Time allotted for answering each paper is 2 hours.

Paper I cover questions on general knowledge and day to day affairs across the globe. Paper II comprises questions on reasoning, mental ability, quantitative aptitude and English Language.
Aspirants who pass this preliminary level exam can appear for mains exam.

In mains exam there will be a written exam and interview.
There will be 9 papers for the written test, out of which 2 are of qualifying nature.
The candidates who get through the written exam will be short-listed for interview round. Those who clear the interview round can get short listed for training in Central Excise cadre.
Once training is completed successfully, they can join as Customs Officer in international airports.
Upon completing probation as ‘Customs Officer’ they will be promoted to the next level i.e ‘Assistant Commissioner of Customs’.

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in