2023 2024 Student Forum > Management Forum > Main Forum

14th December 2014, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator

Re: Eligibility for became an Income Tax officer

As you say that you are student of the B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering you are not eligible for become an Income Tax officer. For this firstly you should need to complete your bachelor’s degree program. After that you want to appear in the Combined Graduate Level Exam .

Once you are a graduate, you will be eligible to write Combined Graduate Level Exam.

This is an entrance exam conducted by the Staff Selection Commission for recruitment of officers into various departments under Central Government, including Income Tax Department.

Eligibility:

Education Qualification:
The minimum academic qualification required is a bachelor's degree, in any discipline from a recognized university.

Age limit:
The eligible age to apply for the post of Income Tax Officer is between 18-27 years.

Exam Pattern

Written Examination –

Two separate sections are there in the written examination that is Tier I and Tier II.

Those who get qualified in Tier I can appear for Tier –II examination.

Duration specified to complete Tier I is 2 hours while for Tier II is 4 hours.

Subjects included in Tier I are
General Intelligence + Reasoning
General Awareness
Numerical Aptitude
English Comprehension

Tier II includes the following subjects with 200 marks each.
Arithmetical Abilities
English Language and Comprehension

Final Selection

Interview
9th January 2016, 04:01 PM
Unregistered

Hello sir, I am Narayan lal and I want to become an Income tax Officer. Can you provide me some information regarding the eligibility to become an Income Tax Officer?
9th January 2016, 04:01 PM
Super Moderator

An income tax officer is somebody who deals with income tax matters regarding the Central Board of Direct Taxes (CBDT).
It is a department of the Central Gov. of India

As tax is one of the main incomes of the government, the duty of an income tax officer or ITO is to collect tax from the citizens of India.
The notice about the exam and the particulars regarding the rules and syllabus will be available in newspapers like the Employment News, Rozgar samachar or others.

Exam:

Staff Service Commission (SSC) conducts an entrance exam yearly for the recruitment of applicants in the income tax department.
A series of written, oral and physical tests is carried out for the selection of the applicants. Those applicants who clear these tests will be called for an interview later.

Eligibility Criteria:

Applicants who are applying for the post of Income tax officer must appear for the SSC exam.

The basic qualification necessary to apply for the SSC is a degree from a recognized University or its equal.

The applicants must be at least 18 years of age and not more than 27 years of age at the time of applying ( age relaxation is available for the candidates belonging to the backward classes).

Quick Reply
Your Username: Click here to log in